cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE wifi mini wont work

jeanctr
Explorer

Hi

We purchased the white version of the 4GEE wifi mini for our office.

Should the SIM be in it already? The instructions show you have to insert the SIM but I don't have one in teh box & I can't tell if it is already in. I dont want to do any damage to the unit buy trying to pull at the metal I can see where the SIM usually is.

It does not connect me to the Internet on any device so assume it is not working correctly. Tried to ring EE for advice but all the options needed an EE phone number & I don't have one. No option for potable wifi just home broadband - which again needed an EE phone number How can I get advice?

4 REPLIES 4

We ordered one of these for our office. Should the SIM be in it? I can't ring EE to sort it  because the automated service wants my EE phone number but I don't have one so can't get to speak to anyone.

The wifi mini does not work. I can't get onto the internet & I can't see a SIM in the wifi mini - difficult to tell as it is all so tiny.

Help greatly received.

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I never bought a MiFi Router from EE but its extremely unlikely that the Sim would already be mounted inside the MiFi Router.

How did you buy the Device, with EE's Pay Monthly Plan?, Online?, Shop?, if Online then the Sim will probably be Delivered separately by Post.

If need be , you can call Customer Service without a EE Number by ringing 0800 956 6000. 

Thank you

It was ordered via our Trustee as we are a charity. 

He contacted EE who said the SIM card was with the mini router.

I have nothing but the box and a welcome flyer

Will try the phone number

The SIM won't be in the router display box but separate in the overall packaging / parcel. Did the Trustee open it and overlook the separate SIM packet? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)