cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE Wifi Mini Hub not connecting

LaLaBeepBeep
Investigator
Investigator

I've just moved house and while I'm waiting for the BT engineer to come out to connect me back to infinity they've sent me a mini hub for the meantime so I'm not living like the Amish. Unfortunately it's not working.

All the lights are blue and the hub shows up on all my devices it just doesn't let me go on anything on the internet. It'll try to load for a good bit then it just cancels itself out. 

I logged into the IP address to see if there were any signal issues and it was going in between 3-4 bars of signal but still had 4G. Tried to go into the advanced settings but not sure what the password for the device is, the WIFI password didn't work nor did admin. Anyone else have this issue able to fix it? 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Login to your MBB router at http://192.168.1.1 with the admin password found under the battery cover.

Is it on contract or PAYG? If PAYG, have you topped it up?

Visit http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see your data & credit status as well as its mobile no. at the top. What does it say,  obscuring your mobile no.?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

That password didn’t work

i have unlimited data from BT because I’m waiting on engineers coming out to set up my home broadband

i couldnt get on the other website because the internet isn’t working on the hub 

You don't go on the Net to get to the EE Add-on page. It's within EE's own network.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Okay. I am not an EE customer on my mobile I’m with O2. The only way for me to get on it is through the EE hub which is connected but not letting me on the Internet like it’s just not working at all. Either way I have unlimited data with no way to use it because the mini hub isn’t working properly. I’ve been trying to access that page through the EE network and it just loads and loads for eternity before cutting out 

Do you have an EE SIM in you mobile router? Your O2 SIM in your phone doesn't come into it as you should be connecting the phone by WiFi to the router.