cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE Speed has dropped to nearly unusable.

GloryHornet
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

When I first got this Router I was getting connections of around 90 Mbps down and 15 up  with a fairly local mast using an external antenna, In the last couple of weeks I'm getting between 2.5 and 6 Mbps down and 20mb up. and it seems to be connecting to a mast a lot further away.  Using the internal antenna the speed is unusable. slower than the Broadband I was on before which is why I went to mobile broadband in the first place.

Does anyone know what stages i can take to rectify this as I'm now paying a lot of money for something that is very slow.

10 REPLIES 10
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GloryHornet,

Does the Network Status Checker show any problems in your area?

James

GloryHornet
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi James

It Says

"Service problem in TA10 9EJ

We're on it. We expect good service within 16 hours, but some fixes take a little longer. " 

But this has been going on for a few weeks now,  I used to connect to Cell Identifier 4967186 on tower eNB ID 19403. Now its connecting to  Cell Identifier 5348864 on tower eNB ID 20894 which is further away.  this is using the details from Cellmapper.

Would be good if there was a way to manually choose which mast to select, because this box now seems to default to the slowest service possible. even though there are masts closer, and it doesn't seem to matter which way i direct the antenna either.

Leanne_T

Hi @GloryHornet 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If this continues after the problem is resolved in the area, please get in touch with our tech gurus, they will get this looked into further for you. 

Leanne 🙂

GloryHornet
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'd loved to have gotten back to you all to have given an update that this has all been sorted, but unfortunately it is as bad as ever. still not fixed in my area, apparently 16 hours in EE terms equals weeks and not actual hours.

Leanne_T

Hi @GloryHornet 

Is there still an issue showing on the network status checker for the area? 

Leanne. 

GloryHornet
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Leanne

The network status checker now reports that it's taking longer than expected and doesn't know when it will be fixed.

And my speeds have dropped to as low as 1Mbps now.

Leanne_T

Thanks @GloryHornet 

Some problems can take longer than expected to resolve the issue with the mast. You will be kept updated if you have signed up for updates. 

Leanne.

GloryHornet
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

3 Months later and I'm still left with.

Service problem in TA*****

We are aware of a problem with this site, but do not have an estimated time to fix it just yet.

I wish there was a way to get out of this overpriced and unusable connection. 

Currently on 1.69 Mbps Down and 19.5 Mbps Upstream.  With no way to actually see an improvement.  End of my tether now.

Katie_B

Hello @GloryHornet

I am sorry to hear this is not yet resolved. 

Has our technical care team been able to provide more information?

Katie