cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE MINI WIFI top up

TeDdY2015
Investigator
Investigator

Ended up having to top up via customer services as would not work any other way. 
current credit is showing, however data still says zero and saying to top up what am I get it working pleaseimage.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aylien
Investigator
Investigator

I have had exactly the same problem and despite posting a question on this site and trying to contact EE helpline directly (I could never get through to them), I did not get any further.

As a last resort I phoned my local EE shop and the problem was sorted in a few minutes so 10/10 to the girl at the Carlisle EE shop!!

As I understand it --- You have paid £25 top up into the EE coffers BUT then you have to choose where you want to spend your top up money - is it on data (yes) or top up the phone or pay towards a bill etc etc.

On the screen you have shown in the picture - I think you have to click on the Get Data line.

You then get a Buy Data tab with various options of choosing how much £££ of data you want to buy - I topped up just £10 so there was a £10 button for me to select - not sure if there is a £25 button but if not, presumably you can select the £20 button and still have £5 left in credit?

Click on confirm and it adds it straight away.

This is the gist of how it works as I was talked through it by the EE shop girl and can't remember exactly how it worked but I hope you get the gist and will be able to sort it.

I cannot believe that there are no clear instructions how to do this on the EE site or in the WIFI mini box instructions.

Have you registered on the EE website?  Using the MyEE facility once you have registered, I imagine that you can top up £££s and then BUY DATA with your £££s all in one process.

It should NOT be this complicated.

Regards

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @TeDdY2015.

Welcome to the community.

Are you viewing your credit in your My EE Account?

Have you tried selecting a pack?

Jon

C522B9B6-429B-4435-9118-247F2AC0812E.jpeg

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You've topped up your money credit but you are yet to buy any data with it. You need to buy a data add-on that you see either of those pages offering you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It will not allow me to buy data, I select add on and put phone number in and I get message to complete captcha, there is nothing to select

1AF93F7D-FF2B-47D7-9D1F-437742C210D4.jpeg

Try zooming out on the page. There is more to it below that you're not seeing.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
aylien
Investigator
Investigator

I have had exactly the same problem and despite posting a question on this site and trying to contact EE helpline directly (I could never get through to them), I did not get any further.

As a last resort I phoned my local EE shop and the problem was sorted in a few minutes so 10/10 to the girl at the Carlisle EE shop!!

As I understand it --- You have paid £25 top up into the EE coffers BUT then you have to choose where you want to spend your top up money - is it on data (yes) or top up the phone or pay towards a bill etc etc.

On the screen you have shown in the picture - I think you have to click on the Get Data line.

You then get a Buy Data tab with various options of choosing how much £££ of data you want to buy - I topped up just £10 so there was a £10 button for me to select - not sure if there is a £25 button but if not, presumably you can select the £20 button and still have £5 left in credit?

Click on confirm and it adds it straight away.

This is the gist of how it works as I was talked through it by the EE shop girl and can't remember exactly how it worked but I hope you get the gist and will be able to sort it.

I cannot believe that there are no clear instructions how to do this on the EE site or in the WIFI mini box instructions.

Have you registered on the EE website?  Using the MyEE facility once you have registered, I imagine that you can top up £££s and then BUY DATA with your £££s all in one process.

It should NOT be this complicated.

Regards

@aylien : Haven't I just said all that in a coupla sentences?

& if you read, the OP has already followed it & run into more trouble.

Thank you for your reply, it was finally sorted for me by customer services and they finally admitted there was an issue with the online system, why they did not say it to begin with is beyond me, could have saved me a lot of hassle.

you were right that is how it is meant to work

Tom579
Explorer

2 years later and I'm just off the phone to CS, they added my data manually as I was having the same problem.

I've had the device for a number of years and whenever it ran out of data, I would get prompt at the top of my mobile phone, log in to your EE mini WiFi. By clicking on this, I accessed awe page with the list of add-ons, provide I had credit, I just selected the pack that suited and I was back in business.

Latest CS advice, just phone when need data.