cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Router Doesn't Like EE

Battwave
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Ezenos 4G Industrial Router which will work happily with an Asda Mobile (Vodafone) SIM and give Internet access.  I have a known good EE data SIM (proven in a MiFi unit) that will attach to EE (Router admin page showing EE LTE and signal bars) but does not give any data connectivity.  I've spoken with EE tech support who confirm I have the correct APN settings and can see the SIM.  I've done a complete default settings reset on the router and re-entered the APN data but to no avail.  On the admin page dashboard the WAN4G is showing not connected for EE but connected for Asda mobile.  Any thoughts please?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Battwave : The router is locked to Asda or maybe Voda. When did you buy it new?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

That's possible, but I'd have thought the EE SIM wouldn't attach to the network if the router was locked.  Is that correct, or will it attach but not connect?

Is there any way of unlocking it please?

The router is an Ebay used purchase so I've got no idea how it was supplied.  Is locking normal for industrial routers?

To unlock it you'll need to apply firstly to Asda & then maybe they'll put you off to Voda.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks, will give it a try.