Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Game Pass from broadband package cant be activated

TRNero
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I don't know if anybody else has had this issue. I'm a new customer to EE and in my broadband package it says i'm entitled to 12 months of game pass ultimate. But every time I go to activate it I get the same error message:

"We've had a problem loading this info. Please try again in a while"

I get this same message weather I try it on the app, chrome , edge any other browser on different device. 

I just cant seem to activate it and redeem it. Anybody know how I can fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
seaanyx
Explorer

Glad someone has recently posted this, we are experiencing the same issue with the 6 months of game pass ultimate activation. Fingers crossed a solution is posted soon!

I've just read up on some more posts - it seems that we have to contact EE Billing via phone call, they will take some details from us such as an email address for the microsoft account, along with the gamertag associated with it. It'll then take up to a week for them to send out the activation codes.

I will be calling them tomorrow to get ours sorted, hope you do too! 🙂

Great thank you, Ill give that a go. Hopefully that's the fix.

Dandaman9
Investigator
Investigator

Having same issue - called them up and they said that they cannot provide me a reference number when I asked them - they said they would contact Microsoft - will see what happens.

TRNero
Investigator
Investigator

I rang them up. Mentioned my issue. They forwarded me through the technical support staff. They were able to fix it by sending my game pass code to me via email instead. 

Thanks for your update, I called 150 and said it was a "broadband issue" was that what you did?

Yeh. I just explained to them that it was apart of my package when I joined. Theyll then probably transfer you and have you waiting on the phone for a little while before they sort it out for you.

They've sorted it now for me and  have my game pass subscription.

Dandaman9
Investigator
Investigator

I think the issue is that its something to do with EE and BT joining together - the EE portal doesn't allow it. I called EE and they said they "couldn't transfer me properly" so ended up doing a blind transfer to an external number and the rep who spoke with me asked if I "had logged into my BT account" because the person who transferred didn't speak with him, just left notes. He sounded like he knew the issue and said that it would be fixed today or tomorrow latest.

My interpretation is that EE have to transfer me to BT and they are the ones who can make the necessary fix to my email / gamertag etc. 

Markitos21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am glad someone else have the same issues like me , I was offered BB from BT to EE and 12 months off game pass ultimate, I spoke with the department that is dealing with this and they told me that if I not receive an email after 1st off May 2024 give them a call.

Is like they take their time , not very good for new customers, so I guess I will have to wait.