cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 not connecting

Layla_15
Visitor

Recently got a 4g wifi mini box as i live in a rural area and cant get fibre, works perfectly for mobile devices however my PlayStation connects to the network not the internet, one of the main reasons I got the box was to use it for my PlayStation and I see other people with similar issues and I haven’t yet found a solution to this, if there’s anyway to fix this let me know, if not I will be changing providers and returning it.

16 REPLIES 16
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community, @Layla_15 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems getting your PS5 connected to the internet.

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to take a look at this issue if you get in touch.

James

Edst2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Layla, did you find a solution?

thanks

Lafalot
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the same issue I only got it for my disabled son to play his ps5 in his caravan in Wales everything else connects fine please help

Leanne_T

Hi @Lafalot 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

What happens when the PS5 is connected to the WiFi device? 

Have you spoken to our tech guides to get this looked into? 

Leanne 🙂

It connects to the WiFi but not the Internet they have told me they don't connect to consoles so it looks like its a cancel but the bt broadband that they can't fit works with the hybrid connect on the PlayStation I'm going to call them when we're back to try and find a resolution I'm not paying 77 pound a month for 2 routers for when we are at the caravan going to try plusnet aswel 

Leanne_T

Hi @Lafalot 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Does the PS5 connect to the internet using another device? 

I would suggest getting back in touch for the team to get this looked into in more detail.

Leanne.

I've rang them they said the mobile WiFi doesn't connect to consoles it's going back don't worry 

The bt hub I was sent with the hybrid connect does connect to the ps5 but is useless with Netflix on the fitrstick 

Lafalot
Investigator
Investigator

This is an ee issue I'm sending my mobile router back Monday morning I also signed up for bt broadband but there unable to fit it so they sent me an ee hybrid connect which does connect to the sons ps5 in his caravan but is unable to support any other device I think this needs to be made public which I will start to do on every social media platform 

I specifically told the sales person that bt passed me to about the issue with the ps5 and they directed me to ee Mobile broadband and assured me this would be suitable and then be told by the tech team it doesn't connect to consoles this needs to addressing as its 50 pound a month for a useless product and I might add false advertising 

Anyway bt and ee routers are being sent back Monday morning and I will let everyone know the lies that are being told 

Leanne_T

Hi @Lafalot 

Just to check, do you have two mobile routers at the caravan that are both experiencing problems connecting? 

Which EE router are you using and how many devices are connected when trying to use the PS5? 

Thanks. 

Leanne.