cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 not connecting

Layla_15
Visitor

Recently got a 4g wifi mini box as i live in a rural area and cant get fibre, works perfectly for mobile devices however my PlayStation connects to the network not the internet, one of the main reasons I got the box was to use it for my PlayStation and I see other people with similar issues and I haven’t yet found a solution to this, if there’s anyway to fix this let me know, if not I will be changing providers and returning it.

16 REPLIES 16

I have a bt broadband hub that is waiting connection which they think may not be able to connect so they sent me an ee hybrid connect device this connects to my sons ps5 but nothing else works without freezing 

After telling bt this they passed me too ee mobile broadband which runs everything fine except the ps5 as it won't connect to the Internet 

I was very clear about my reasons for the use of broadband how many times do you want me to explain 

Your tech team told me Saturday that ee mobile hubs don't connect to consoles so I was wondering how the bt hybrid connect does connect to the ps5 but the mobile hub won't 

I'll be returning all the routers and cancelling the contracts and try plusnet 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lafalot 

Could you try disconnecting all other devices from the EE router and try the PS5 again? 

Also, just to check, can you enter the postcode on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker and select 'check status' do we have any service reports showing or maintenance in the area? 

Thanks.

Leanne.

Your colleague told me you can't connect the router to consoles the ee coverage is fine in LL18 *** 

The ps5 connects to the router but the Internet access is blocked by ee

The bt router connected to the hybrid ee connect connects to the ps5 fine but nothing else can use the router 

Why would ee tech tell me you can't connect consoles when you can 

I'm back home today so can't check anything the ps5 access is being blocked by ee so therefore it's useless to my son 

I should not have been sold ee mobile broadband as I was told it would be fine when everyone has the same issue its nothing to do with Sony its ee blocking the consoles 

And connecting the ps5 first will make no difference what so ever and you know This as its ee blocking the console 

I'll bring it home Friday and cancel both the bt and ee contracts as I was sold a lie very unprofessional and people need to know about this so they can get out of there contracts legally its a disgrace 

Thanks 

[mod edit: personal details removed from the forum]

The postcode is ll18 ** not *** sorry 

[mod edit: personal details removed from the forum]

Leanne_T

Hi @Lafalot 

To look into what has been advised previously and what checks have been completed, I would suggest getting back in touch with our tech guides when you have access to the router and PS5 to complete full troubleshooting when you call. 

Leanne. 

They told me point blank on Friday that the router will not connect to consoles end of I will try again on Friday then just return all the routers Monday barring Bank Holiday what a joke I have a disabled son who can't do much else than play his PlayStation so it's very disappointing 

Leanne_T

Thank you @Lafalot 

I am very sorry this is happening, please let me know how you get on once you have contacted us with the devices to complete the troubleshooting. 

Leanne.