cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ps5 portal

Demai-Jeffers
Visitor

I’ve got a ps portal and when I try use my EE hotspot the data never works. It says can’t find connection. I just don’t understand why EE would sell ps portals for they’re phone data to not work as a hotspot 

28 REPLIES 28
Jamie614
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I have the same issue. No way round it either. I believe it’s because of the NAT type EE use, it doesn’t support online gaming.

Amespenny
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Why didn’t you start a new thread for this as it’s a totally different issue? 

otherwise it does work I’ve hotspot mine a few times when I’ve been at the airport and whatever else. The signal needs to be strong. If it’s less than full signal you’ll have lag anyway and it’ll be frustrating to game regardless. It’s also a Sony product… not an EE product so its functionality isn’t anything to do with EE. EE sell PS5s and Xbox x’s as well so saying you can’t use EE data is such a stupid comment to make. Play the portal off the WiFi at friends/relatives homes or when you’re abroad. It’s not really suited for on the train or whatever 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Demai-Jeffers @Jamie614 

Thanks for coming to the community, I have created a new thread for your query. 

Can you connect the PS5 Portal to any other WiFi network? 

Can you connect other devices to your hotspot? 

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

Yeah, normal hotspotting works fine, it’s just the portal. From looking at other forums it may be because of CGNAT which doesn’t play nicely with remote play.

no idea how @Amespenny has had success when everyone else I can find online has issues. I’ve tried a few times with full signal and fast 5G connection.

it seems to be common with a couple of other mobile providers too so I may have to get an O2 sim for hotspotting.

Leanne_T

Hi @Jamie614 

Have you reported this to our tech guides on 150? 

Leanne.

Jordan-1
Explorer

2 weeks ago I could use my ee hotspot on my portal fine switched provider from 3 because that wasn’t working but now I can’t connect to ee hotspot atal on my portal

has anyone got a fix?

Katie_B

Hello @Jordan-1

Welcome to the community. 

Are you presented with an error message on the device you are trying to connect?

Katie

Yes I get a connection error only when using EE hotspot my home internet works fine and I’ve used a friends three hotspot and that still connects will this be fixed?

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Jordan-1

I am unsure on this one, I would recommend speaking with our tech guides on 150. 

The team will have access to all the relevant systems to be able to complete a diagnostics. 

Katie