cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does data gifting keep failing?

AndreaJohn
Explorer

I’ve been trying to gift data to my son all weekend. I have plenty of data remaining - I can select his number and the amount of data but I keep getting a message to say that it has failed?

17 REPLIES 17
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @TAM_33

Welcome to the community. 

Are you trying to do this via the EE app or My EE online?

Katie

It has never worked in any location.
Katie_B

Hi @TAM_33

Have you tried both the EE App and My EE online?

Katie

Yes it doesn’t work and never has worked. Sometimes the data doesn’t show but other times it let’s you attempt the data transfer but it doesn’t go through. Today it isn’t even showing data transfer as an option. I had my pay as you go dropped down from 10 GB to 2GB and the new work phone 125GB so that I could transfer data. However, I’ve never been able to transfer data so just end up with a slow running phone.
Katie_B

Hi @TAM_33

Thanks for confirming. 

You can't transfer from pay monthly to pay as you go. 

Data gifting is from one pay monthly number to another under the same billing account. 

If you have two pay monthly SIMs and still unable to gift data please get in touch so our technical care team can look into this further. 

Katie

They are on the same billing account. When I was in EE they sold me the contract knowing what I had already with them which is why they dropped it down from 10GB to 2GB. If what you are saying is correct I have been mis sold the contract.
Katie_B

Hi @TAM_33

Please give us a call on 150 so our customer care team can take a further look into this for you. 

Katie

Alsav1
Investigator
Investigator

Same here! I’ve had no problem gifting data to my kids up until this last few weeks and now it’s a constant error message. Very frustrating!