cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does data gifting keep failing?

AndreaJohn
Explorer

I’ve been trying to gift data to my son all weekend. I have plenty of data remaining - I can select his number and the amount of data but I keep getting a message to say that it has failed?

17 REPLIES 17
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndreaJohn 

Thanks for coming here. 

Does the same happen if you use the My EE app and My EE account online? 

Have you been able to gift data to this number previously? 

Leanne.

Hi, the same thing is happening to me. I don't have time to call the number as I have seen you suggest on other posts. Have tried both app and website, neither are working. My daughter has been without data all weekend.

James_B

Hi @Shelley82,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Which error message do you see when trying to gift data?

Are you in the UK?

James

Hi, Yes UK. Website says We will have it fixed soon, sorry we can't show device's data. App says something went wrong and the data can't be gifted.

James_B

Hi @Shelley82,

Please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can take a look at this issue for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

I haven't got time to sit on the phone to do this and messaging facility isn't available

James_B

It wouldn't necessarily be a long call @Shelley82 

It's often something that can be resolved by just refreshing your account.

James

Yes the same thing happens on the website and the app and I have been able to gift data before. I was also able to gift data once my sons data refreshed at the start of the month - but this doesn’t make sense. I want to able to gift data when he has run out! I was receiving the same error messages as @Shelley82 : We will have it fixed soon, sorry we can't show device's data. App says something went wrong and the data can't be gifted.

I'm having the same issues, for 3 months it's never worked. I feel like I've been miss sold