cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strafft
Investigator
Investigator

See e.g. Device unknown - The EE Community 

Since my upgrade a couple of weeks ago, when I look on my website account it shows as "unknown device". It was fine before, and the other phone on the account is displaying fine, just this one. I have reinstalled MyEE numerous times using network not wifi - no change. I have contacted customer support on chat twice taking ages to get nowhere....  I have suggested maybe as dual SIM and/or eSim device (the eSim uses +44 no 0 at start of the number).... 

Any ideas anybody????

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @strafft

Welcome to the community.

I've seen from other customers that deleting, then redownloading the app when using mobile data instead of WiFi sometimes fixes this.

The image not showing in your My EE account will not affect your service or usage at all.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Yes I have done that with the app. A few times! I know is not a material issue as such - it's just plain annoying and seems like should be simple - my device is associated with me as well as my services so why is it not correct?!

Jobear91
Investigator
Investigator

is there any update on this?

There used to be an option to manually set what your device is but I can't find that now.

It's still the same at my end 

@Jobear91   It means nothing even with the correct device shown.    You don’t gain anything from it and you have never been able to manually change the device as that information comes from the device/SIM card over the network as it’s linked to your account. 

Yeh I know Chris - just as posted before " know is not a material issue as such - it's just plain annoying and seems like should be simple - my device is associated with me as well as my services so why is it not correct?!"