cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfortunately, we couldn't log you in, but you can still buy or upgrade

MrLinky
Investigator
Investigator

"yugyuguy.JPGUnfortunately, we couldn't log you in, but you can still buy or upgrade - just choose what you want to do"

Seems like this error message has been posted a number of times but it's still not resolved. Despite showing I'm logged in in the top part the error messaged stating I'm not logged in is still being shown. I can't buy a new phone and plan. I've tried on different web browsers and the app but the result is the same.

Any ETA on when EE plans to fix their site?

84 REPLIES 84
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MrLinky

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Do you have an existing EE account? or, are you a new EE customer looking to purchase a new phone?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hello @Leanne_T

Thank you for your reply. I'm a pay as you go customer looking to move to a monthly contract and potentially purchasing a new phone.

Cheers

Leanne_T

Thanks @MrLinky

In this case, are you wanting to keep the same number? 

If so, have you followed the advice in our Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly, Help page. 

Leanne.

I appreciate the answer but that doesn't explain why the site is broken and failing to display the correct error messages, if that is the case. I can't even buy a phone/tablet outright or add a new number as a pay monthly contract.

Leanne_T

Hi @MrLinky

If you want to order a new pay monthly phone and plan you would need to be logged out of My EE as you currently don't have a pay monthly account. 

If you would like to transfer the number to pay monthly please follow the advice provided. 

You are unable to add a pay monthly account to an existing pay as you go account in My EE. 

Leanne.

Again, I appreciate your answers but the site is broken and not working intended. Is not user friendly. Seeing how many other people have to ask the same questions as I do can only lead me to believe is done so by design.

Thank you for your time and have a good day.

Leanne_T

Hi @MrLinky

This may show an error if you are logged into a pay as you go account and trying to upgrade or order a pay monthly phone, have you tried logging out and placing the order? 

Leanne.

Hi,

When I'm logged out is asking me to log in to do anything

ghoihiu.JPG

When I'm logged in it takes me back to this page if I click on any phone.

uytgfiuguy.JPG

PS and now I can't post visible screenshots here despite them being in the public folder or in a new one. It really is funny how broken this site is.

PS1 now they show up again after manually moving them from my profile page to the "public" folder despite being uploaded to that folder initially.

Leanne_T

Hi @MrLinky

Can you visit the EE Shop here, and browse the phones and plans? 

You don't need to select existing customer if you would like a new phone, plan and number and don't currently have a pay monthly account. 

Images will show once approved.

Leanne.