cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says my phone number is registered to another account - it isn't.

AliceC1
Investigator
Investigator

I've been an EE customer for 7 years, and have my phone number and email registered to the website for at least five years.

Recently I've been trying to login in, but it tells me I need to register a phone number. When I try to put my phone number in, it says it is already registered to another account.

This email and phone number were on the same account in the past, so I don't understand 

1. Why my phone number was removed from he account, and

2. Why it now thinks the phone number is registered to another account which is not my own.

I've tried to get in contact with EE but no response.

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AliceC1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can help.

They'll be able to check the correct number is associated with your email address.

Thanks

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you switched between contract & PAYG at all?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Niro05
Visitor

This is the case with me too. And my bills are 70 pounds  every month and recently it’s 100pounds for a month. And I’m here in UK for about a year and I don’t understand how this works. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Niro05

If you are unable to link your account, I would recommend giving us a call so our customer care team can look into this further. 

The team will also be able to look at any extra charges on your bills. 

Katie 🙂