Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering account after bereavement

EF1957
Investigator
Investigator

Dear EE

My husband passed away last month. I am trying to create a myee account in my name using the same phone number/account number. It will not let me do this. The computer says no! When I finally reached the life events team they said that they would send a confirmation email to activate the account which hasn’t happened. I just got a text to pay my next bill but I can’t access myee to pay it online.

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Closing the account of someone who’s died

Use the online form to notify us of a bereavement.

We’ll need:

• the account holder’s name and number
  • a number to contact you on 

You can also let us know by phone. Call 150 from an EE phone or 07973 100 150 from any phone.

If you experience a bereavement, you can either:

• disconnect their broadband or number and close their account
  • transfer the connection or number to someone else

Try using Fast Payment online to pay by UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is his mobile no. & it doesn't remember your card details.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EF1957

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my deepest condolences.

When did you contact the life events team to move the account into your name? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne.

I spoke to someone on the 28 of July and then someone on the 1st of August. I can’t seem to find my account number on any paper bill.

Leanne_T

Thanks @EF1957

If you give us a call on 150, our mobile care team will help you get set up and provide you with any information you need. 

Leanne 🙂

All of your emails to my late husband has the beginning of the account number missing.

Hi Leanne

I’ve called that twice now, held in queues, I suppose that I will have to do it a third time now.

Leanne_T

I am very sorry @EF1957

Let me know how you get on. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Why don't you just fill in the form?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello, 
I am still struggling to access the online account that I have taken over from my late husband. It appears to not recognise my details, even though I am able to log in. I am paying broadband bills each month but I am not able to access the online account.