cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking your broadband device to your account in MyEE

Endielle
Investigator
Investigator

I recently got a replacement router as my old one got hacked and security patches hadnt gone through on it. I am trying on myEE app and website to "link" my broadband so I can see account info on my EE as otherwise i get zero contact from EE otherwise but my monthly dd does go out of my bank. Anyway it wont link. Keeps saying after i input all info it asks for "there is a technical error at our end" (in red font). Ive called EE multiple times about this both billings and technical. They dont know why and each time they say they will raise a request on their system for help (yet they dont seem to know who/which dept that request is going to) and they say they should get a ref no back in 30 mins but they dont get one, AND they say they will call me back when they have an answer and they NEVER call me back! The last lady in Falkirk I spoke to on friday said she would call me today (mon 18th sep) at 4pm even if she hadnt heard back from the request for help she put in, and its now 4.35pm and she hasnt called. Its shocking it really is.

19 REPLIES 19
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Is this mobile BB or fixed Home BB?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Nathand1232
Explorer

Hi Endielle, I was just wondering if you had an update on this issue? I am unfortunately having the exact same problem, have also spoken with countless technical people and neither know of how to help. It's becoming increasingly frustrating. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Nathand1232

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Could you please confirm if its a mobile broadband device or a fixed home broadband you are trying to add to your account?

Katie

Its my new home broadband router which is white with a green ring light in the middle of it.

No update in that i did eventually get a call back from lady in falkirk and she was latee than she had said but thats ok at least she did call but she said that the "back office" (whoever they are) had not replied to her help request she had done. So she said she would call me again thurs to let me know if they had replied or not yet. She did say website and app are playing up for many customers but they dont know thenselves which dept is responsible for fixing it for everyone!

Fixed home broadband. White square router i plug into landline wall socket. Connect wirelessly to my phone/laptop.

Fixed home broadband

BillEE1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get anywhere with this? I have EXACTLY the same issue, with my first EE broadband  contract.

The nice Helpdesk have tried using “tools” but get nowhere. They have referred it to “ technical” with a fault report, and I await the outcome. They are convinced it is their end, not mine. Lots of similar posts on here.

Can you help at all, please?

In my experience the App is pants: time it was re-written. I could not add my SIM. Eventually the support team managed to do it. Now I cannot add my new home BB (from EE).   Neither can EE. 

I am getting lots of chat with real people, but zero progress.

Come on EE, either do it for us, or fix it permanently.