cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE App not working

KieranBradford
Investigator
Investigator

My EE app on my phone isn't working, tried re installing but no joy. Go to website and some features aren't working, can't gift data. Tried installing app on my tablet and doesn't work there either

46 REPLIES 46
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @KieranBradford 

What device do you have? 

You can only gift data to accounts you are the account holder and they must be pay monthly contracts.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Both the devices I am trying to gift data to are pay monthly EE contracts, I've never had a problem until this month. The app hasn't worked on my phone for a few days but wasn't overly bothered but now want to gift data to my son so he doesn't have to buy data and nothing is working. I have a Sony Xperia 1 iii and my tablet is a galaxy S6 lite, very frustrating 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KieranBradford 

Since this problem is happening both with your app and the website, I'd recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can look into this for you.

Chris

Autothrottle
Investigator
Investigator

Samsung S10

Identical issue.

Reboot, clear cache, no change. EE logo in the centre of the screen. Logo shrinks and moves up the screen, then nothing happens.

Leanne_T

Hi @Autothrottle 

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you try deleting the app, then going to your app/play store and redownloading the My EE app. 

Does this work for you? 

Leanne 🙂

Hello,

I was about to reply and say "yes", but having reinstalled the app, and having spent an age looking at the ee logo....

I had to login and set up the app. I closed it & reopened it. Guess what? I had to login and start again, setting up as a new user, as if I had never done so before. It's the same each time I open the app.

The previous version was clunky, but it worked. This iteration is unfit for purpose

Leanne_T

Hi @Autothrottle 

If you are having problems with the app after deleting and re-downloading from the app store, please call us on 150 and our mobile care team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

Hello Leanne_T,

Thanks for your reply. From speaking to 150, it's a known issue - not just for me, but for your ee staff, too.

Exactly the same with me and I've tried uninstalling and installing the app several times.