cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App upgrade actually a downgrade?

Crithwood
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
  • I find the new app worse than the old, and that was poor. It greets me with things like " good morning" etc, but gets that wrong. It doesn't know what time of day it is. After logging in, to do some actions requires me to again log in. And to make enquiries, for example about current extra charges, it crashes, and gives pointless comments like " something went wrong."  It's not a reliable source of info, and do of no real benefit to me as a customer.
  •  
21 REPLIES 21
Bazinga
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is so poor same here I can't believe the app was released and the web based system is equally bad. Good afternoon its 8pm

IMG_0583.jpeg

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for feeding this back too, @Crithwood. We're looking into this, as well as some other fixes that are needed too.

There is other information available on the My EE desktop website.

Chris

DrWho3000
Contributor
Contributor

i quite agree this new app is very very poor there is alot missin on new from ols and each tine you want to do something you gave to keep logging in and with a pin which you didnt before
kets go back to the old app

MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Seems to be a lot of the same feedback from a lot of customers.... 

DrWho3000
Contributor
Contributor

why can't I claim my free boosts they are greyed out on the app and website even though I have them

DrWho3000
Contributor
Contributor

why can't I claim my free boosts they are greyed out on the app and website even though I have them

also why do i have to keep logging in to different parts of of app or it goes to website and login in again

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @DrWho3000.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team so they can check your account and see what is happening with your boosts.

Jon

RLMac
Explorer

Sadly I share this issue and equal frustration.   We have family sims. Son has run up extra charges as they do.  I try to drill down in the app to get the details as to what they relate to and all I get is a blank screen.   

just moved over from BT and promised the app was great!    The BT app was nothing special but it worked.   

Crithwood
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've perservered and tried to give the app a fair go, but I'm now even more convinced that it is hopeless. I have used in many times. It annoys when I start it by greeting me with the wrong greeting ("good afternoon" in the morning, etc) and perhaps that might be because I travel, and can easily be in a different time zone. Its an unnecessary feature that if wrong, only annoys. What's wrong with "hello" ?

I have yet to use the app and not get an error message. Sometimes with a message about how hard someone is working to fix this. That just suggests that its a well known fault.

Its made more frustrating that the features I don't need or want seem to work, but those I need do not work. This silliness of signing up to 3-4 times during a session beats me. If I'm signed in already, when starting to look at some other detail why ask me to sign in again?

The often quoted advice to "contact customer services" is like a suggestion to hit myself on the head. Have those suggesting it ever tried to do this as a customer? It's actually suggesting that the customer torture themselves in attempting the impossible.

In about 50% of attempts I get "Log in error" message.

The adverts are a pest. "You're eligible for an upgrade" if a frequent one. I'd hope that as a customer wanting to change plan that I'm always eligible, and do not like the suggestion that sounds as if I've won a lottery. Its not a matter of chance surely, that if I want to choose plans I can do so? If I want a change, I'll pay for a change.

If I'm so disgruntled, you might ask why I stay? The UK coverage is superior in my opinion. That's the only feature holding me as a customer.