cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G broadband router says I’m out of data

troot81
Investigator
Investigator

I’m supposed to have 500 GB of data. Suddenly tonight the router says I’ve used up all my data. In 20 days of my billing cycle. I have never once hit the data limit in 13 months of owning this router. Now after 20 days it’s trying to tell me I’m out of data…that’s 25 GB of data every single day for 20 days. Days when I was at work. Days when I wasn’t in the country. Somehow EE wants me to think I’ve used 25GB every day.

And of course I lost my chat with customer service because, wouldn’t you know it, the EE is “undergoing last minute maintenance.” How does EE just turn off their app? It’s insanity. No one else randomly makes the app unavailable.

Data suddenly shut off and no app access. Great work, EE. Bravo. 

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @troot81,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Your data usage is tracked over your full billing month so it doesn't necessarily mean you've used 25GB each day, just 500GB in total.

What do you tend to use your data for? Some activities, such as streaming high quality video can use data much faster than activities such as web browsing and music streaming.

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If days you weren't in UK but in EU you could well be using data.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No, mate, I wasn’t toting my 5G Smart Hub around with me.

Yeah that was an example of how much data one would have to use on average.

I called today and the tech support agent looked up the usage and agreed it was an error. He attempted to reset my data but it clearly hasn’t worked so I have no home internet. Thanks, EE.