cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

721 REPLIES 721
C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi the good thing is you haven't put any other details in such as bank details as for your phone number It is a scam so if you receive any messages or phone calls just be a little more cautious and check things just to be certain they are legit.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kkkkkkkkkkk11 

Did you enter any personal details such as passwords and bank details? 

If you have provided your personal details and bank details please notify your bank as soon as possible and change your passwords for any account that uses the same details. 

Leanne. 

KevinY1
Explorer

Hi from EE, We've notice that the EE Points in your account (5340 points) will expire in 3 working days. Please redeem the points for available rewards in time. Visit [URL removed] for more information.

I changed my phone number just for peace of mind 👍👍

A PYNAERT
These people are not targeting you "per se" but trawling any phone number,
and I have two of them....

@KevinY1 : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to access your a/c.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

They contact you within an hour after being on either EE website or on a phone call, it's an internal breach that I.T still haven't addressed. I've explained as well, why hasn't  EE contacted all customers or put a notification in the local papers about said scam,Pretty much because it could damage their stocks and shares. Every customer that's with EE should be informed of this Scam,as not all customers access the Forum. I've done experiments it happens just after a call, or Web browse on EE'S sites. I've had it 4 four times now and all within an hour of calling EE. 🤔😡

Same here I got my friends who scams the scammers and they have also said
more or less the same. So much of this is from India and they are getting
raided every day so it tells us there is loads of it going on. Think I'm
going to end my contract with EE because of this particular problem that
has not been resolved and basically nothing has changed. Sincerely Anthony

A PYNAERT
oldisnew44
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Margih62,

Yes.  I received the following from +44 7435 324265 at 13:59 on 21/04/2024 :- "Hi from EE, We've notice that the EE Points in your account (5340 points) will expire in 3 working days. Please redeem the points for available rewards in time. Visit [URL removed for safety reasons] for more information."

According to https://gbr.areacodebase.com/node/85273   +44-7435 numbers are

If +44 7435 324265 is on Vodafone, it can't be EE.

Just had the one. Tried to report it but it seems EE got there firs and reported it to themselves. I got a thanks for reporting as spam without actually reporting it. EE seem on the ball with this one.