cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

719 REPLIES 719

I have had two 'points program' messages this morning. They are labelled 'RCS chats' whatever that is and I seem to be unable to forward them to 7726. The numbers are 07354 137285 and 07513 689660.

@Bolivar : It's only ordinary SMS that you may forward to 7726.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @carken 

Welcome to the community.

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you give us a little more information about what you're trying to find out about?

Chris

Google won't do anything. It's free to report to 7726, forward the text to 7726, then they will say thank you and to send the number that text you to them, send the number, then they will say thank you.. that's all you have to do, no charge. It goes directly to your carriers fraud team, in this case its EE, but all UK carriers use 7726 (spells SCAM on a keyboard) so doesn't matter what carrier you use they all use 7726, and its always free.

Markw2104
Investigator
Investigator

Newest scam texts using weblink <link removed for safety reasons>

It's STILL a SCAM, EE don't use buzz in ANY weblinks, and won't finish with EE wishes you a good trip.

Don't press ANY links from ANY texts that look ANYTHING like these texts,  they are ALL SCAM TEXTS.

If you have any doubts call EE free on 150 and discuss with an operator, or simply forward the text to 7726 (spells SCAM on a keyboard) then when you get a reply send the number that sent you the text, also 7726 goes directly to the EE fraud tech team so they can block these numbers faster. EE don't use a points reward, so any texts like these will be a SCAM. 

All UK carriers use the shortcode 7726 so doesn't matter what carrier you may use EE VODA SKY 02 etc they will all go directly to that carriers fraud tech team. 7726 is free and the fastest way to get these scam numbers blocked.

Screenshot_20231114_164439_Messages.jpg

Me too, I keep blocking them and then more come from another numbrr

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Any references to RCS usually means you have Google Chat services enabled within your Android settings. Disable that, and text messages will be sent & received using SMS instead.

Roby1
Investigator
Investigator

The