cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old name somewhere in the background on my account, cant change it

janeclark
Explorer

My daughter set up my account years ago, since she updated the account into my name, when I log in it says "Hi my name" the account profile details show my name, no where on the account can I see my daughters name, yet when i call CS, they can see her name and wont speak to me. I've been passed from pillar to post, on hold for ages, CS agent said they need to speak to my daughter or have an email from her, so I asked for the email address, got put on hold for 15 mins only to be told that actually they don't have an email address and my daughter has to call, I asked what happens if she physically cant call, she can write a letter instead (she lives in Australia)   Initially i called to upgrade my account, now clearly I want to cancel but apparently i cant even do that. Other than just cancelling my direct debit, I'm not sure what else i can do from here.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @janeclark,

You don't both need to speak to Customer Care at the same time, your daughter can call to authorise the change of ownership which will be noted on the account, ready for you to call up and complete the process.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@janeclark  If your daughter set this up then she is the account holder.   To change ownership of an account this has to be done by calling customer service to request a change of ownership by the account holder and the person taking ownership of that account to be present at that time as they have to agree to this.  The new account holder has to pass a credit check also in order to be given ownership of that  account. 
Changing a name on the account online doesn’t change ownership of that account.     

if it’s not possible for both of you to be present at the same time the account holder has to  customer services inform them of this and they will be given a code then you call customer services and you give them this code so then they can proceed with the change of ownership. 

My daughter opened this account for me in 2019, all correspondence is in my name , payment comes from my bank account , my daughter lives in Australia so is impossible to for the two of us to phone customer service. I would just like to cancel this account please
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @janeclark,

You don't both need to speak to Customer Care at the same time, your daughter can call to authorise the change of ownership which will be noted on the account, ready for you to call up and complete the process.

Hope this helps.

James