cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a complaint.

Speaky07
Visitor

I been trying to pay my the rest of my contract off and keeping getting different price. spoke to live chat and they are charging me more than my contact. spoke to a person on the phone and he was very rude and unhelpful and more less said you cant do nothing. went in the shop and was told to pay early upgrade fee and cancel it in 14 days and you save 100 pounds. all I want is to get out my contact ASAP. can someone help me get a answer or how to put a complaint in 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Speaky07   Have a look at THIS to work out what you’ll pay.    Do not do it like the store says as you’ll be put back on to your contract,  an upgrade is to move to a new tariff and any cancellation of that new tariff will put you back on the old tariff as you are still bound by the T&Cs of that contract.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Speaky07 : Text INFO to 85075 to find out your Early Termination Fees. It will basically be months left x monthly charge - 4%.

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Dave6018
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
  • Raise it has a complaint, then this start the clock ticking and if it not resolved in a certain amount of time it goes to ADR which cost EE money and is recorded by ofcom,  the agent will lie to you they will tell you it's x amount of month times.the amount of your contract this is not correct, remember the agent you speak to is paid a bonus on retentions so if they can make it expensive for you to leave then for them it's a win for the agent, also remember when your calculating the fee you pay a month in advance at the beginning of your contract. But here is how EE should calculate your fee 

Ee add together all outstanding monthly (or other periodic) charges for the remainder of your minimum term, factoring in any recurring monthly discount to which you are entitled, calculated at a daily rate

we then deduct VAT at the prevailing rate

we then deduct 4% for early receipt of payment to get the final charge you owe us

finally, we add VAT at the prevailing rate to get the final charge

@Dave6018 : Haven't I just said that?

Don't you realise that when you deduct & add VAT, which is a %age that they cancel each other out?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)