cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim . pay monthly

khmzeeshan
Explorer

i am in the usa . got an iphone 14 pro with esim but as my plan with EE is as you go i cant have the esim. and i am unable to upgrade online and get an esim before i land in the UK. is there a way for me to get an esim at the airport once i land back in the uk and get a monthly plan with the same number ? if so how ? looking for some kind help in this regard. 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@khmzeeshan : Are you a UK resident? If not, you won't be able to get a contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

i recently moved to the in december last year. 

@khmzeeshan  To have a contract you need to pass a credit check.  This isn’t a 5 minute process so probably best to get home before you do this.      And there is no guarantee you’ll pass a credit check. 

You also can not change to an eSim while abroad and it’s not advisable to change from a pay as you go to contract while out of the UK as your sim will loose cellular connection when the account changes and it’ll not work until you get back to the UK.