cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Addresses, ruined credit score, stressful move thanks to EE Support staff

unhappy_custome
Visitor

Here is my experience with EE so far: 

• In November, I moved and transferred my account from my housemate.

• EE incorrectly entered my new address, leaving us without internet for two frustrating weeks, despite my repeated confirmations.

• They promised to charge us  £50 per month, yet I ended up being charged £58 for the first month.

• The only thing they got right was giving me the first month free after the address change. I got a confirmation from a support staff over the phone that I will not be charged on January 12th. Calls were hopefully  recorded for quality and training purposes...

• Now, to my dismay, I find on my ClearScore that EE has marked January as a missed payment on my credit file, even though they didn't charge me that month and my Direct Debit was unchanged. 

EE.png

Also the balance is somehow £110 now, which makes no sense at all.

Moving forward, I expect a prompt correction of these records. Your error has unjustly lowered my credit score, which is completely unacceptable. This situation clearly showcases the negligence and lack of proper training prevalent among numerous members of your support staff. It's imperative that this issue is addressed immediately to rectify the damage caused to my credit history.

This post serves as my formal notice to you regarding the issues I have faced with your service. If I do not witness a resolution in a timely manner, I will have no choice but to escalate this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The inaccuracies in my account management and their impact on my credit score are severe and unacceptable. I expect swift action to correct these errors to avoid further complications.

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This user discussion group is not the platform for servicing notice upon EE of your grievances & consequent intended actions.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The Ombudsman will not generally accept individual customer complaints that have not gone through a supplier's internal process first - and either remain unresolved after 8weeks or are deadlocked before.

The credit score is also largely a marketing trick to sell info that is available free of charge on your statutory credit report from the 3 main CRAs.

I'd recommend a read of https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/payment-methods/credit-files-explained