Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Life Events Team

ARN92_
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

Earlier, I had sent an email to the EE Life Events team, advising them I was a vulnerable customer of theirs, with autism, learning difficulties and also depression. I had attached evidence from my GP of this, and they came back to me saying that I did not meet the criteria.

Me, obviously unhappy with their response, advising them it states on their webpage that “If you have a learning disability then we can look in to making account adjustments for you”. The advisor came back to me and said “Yes, I know it states that but you can use the phone fine” I could not believe what I was hearing.

In 21st century Britain, is discriminating towards the disabled now the norm because for an advisor to tell me that is not on, yes I made a complaint to webchat but got nowhere as my end resolution was going to end the contract without having to pay an early termination fee.

The reason I wanted that resolution is because of the medical issues that are currently ongoing, in which I do not understand the meaning of debt and money. This meant I have had to set up several payment plans with EE in order to get back on track, but it’s not helping me get any better, for the sake of my mental health and credit file.

Essentially do you think I should give it one more go to the EE Life Events team, but add further to my displeasure of having to deal with that agent today to see if they can make any exception, or am I just wasting my time?

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your only requirement is for an occasional use phone "for emergencies", then any old cheap PAYG phone from a retailer of your choice should be more than sufficient.

ARN92_
Investigator
Investigator

image.jpg

Further update on the case.

After much deliberation, compared to my quick thinking I have decided to accept the executive complaints team offer of returning the device, and them cancelling the contract free of charge once returned providing it’s in a good condition, in which I think it is.

Received the letter from them today with the above information on, but it says “Once returned we can then begin to move your number to pay as you go.”

From this, I guess this would mean that I would need to purchase a cheap phone, and then they can move my number to pay as you go, or even chose a network of my choice with a PAC - would this be correct?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

That's right @ARN92_ 

Your current number and SIM card will be transferred to a new pay as you go account.

Hope this helps.

James

ARN92_
Investigator
Investigator

Would I be free to move it to a different network though once that’s been completed?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Yes you would @ARN92_ 

James