cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed byEE

stewart-ritchie
Contributor
Contributor

EE have put me on a 24 month plan without my permission I live in the Philippines 6 months of the year so why would I sign up for a plan 

25 REPLIES 25
stewart-ritchie
Contributor
Contributor

EE THAT SCAMMED ME INTO CONTRACT CHARGE 2.65 POUNDS PER MINUTE TO. CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM ABROAD THATS 80 QUID FOR 30 MIN 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @stewart-ritchie 

I told you in my above post how to contact EE for free. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I was pay as you go then got a cold call from a ee rep saying that I spend 20 to 30 pounds a month and he said he can save me money by paying 15 pounds per month I asked him is this a contract no he said I can cancel anytime ,

on travailing back to the Philippines where I live I try to cancel and they say I’m in a 24 month contract 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Some parts of that precis don't sound like the whole story.

What number did you receive the call from? It may not have been EE direct.

Any PAYG > Pay-monthly transfer by EE direct would have involved a credit check which must be pre-notified.

Any new pay-monthly contract by EE produces numerous pre-contract documentation which must be agreed before progressing.

The credit check would require a UK residential address.

@bristolian  The address used by the looks of it was the OP mother’s address,  so that would be the UK address.       I also don’t think it was EE but a 3rd party that  represents EE.    
 Sale = commission. 

@stewart-ritchie     EE don’t get bailiffs involved. Your unpaid bills will get taken on by debt collector, who will then be responsible for taking payments of your unpaid charges, and their own fees on top.     This happens only once your bill hasn’t been paid for 3-4+ months.  Your line is also cut off.     

bristolian
Legend
Legend

But if the address used was that of a relative, it remains one where the account holder has a credit record. This doesn't completely tally with the claim of living abroad.

There is more to this story than the somewhat basic precis posted thus far.

@Chris_B : What do you think happens when the debt collectors fail to get money out of the user? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I work in the Uk for 6 months of the year and then the Philippines for 6 months of the year 

@XRaySpeX  When the debt collector fails to get payment ,    that’s right,   so not EE but the debt collector.  EE don’t get bailiffs involved to reclaim lost payment.        

But more importantly would  EE threaten someone who has nothing to do with the bill or any payments of that bill. And especially over what appears to be only one unpaid bill.