cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400 hours in to 72 hour call back.

Sammmmmy
Visitor

So I added a product to my contract, returned the item 1 week later. 3 days after return I had been informed by EE they had received my parcel. I call them to ask about adding another product and was told "72 hours to process the return then you can add another product to plan". 72 hours pass, I call again..."it's gonna take 72 hours as they reset the return process". Not quite how it works but I will give the benefit of doubt. Another 72 hours pass, I call. "It's gonna take 72 hours". My response "I've been told this twice already" she goes speak to manager "it's gonna take 2 weeks" my response "so either you are lying to me now or your colleagues have lied to me". At this point I had come to terms about not getting the product for Christmas for my son as I'm told it won't be sorted until the 27th. My response "didn't you just say 72hours, then 2 weeks and now 72 hours again?". I had had enough of the "service" I was recieving and was concerned about being charged for something I didn't have, so I decided to go into store. Explained the situation and told the guy I had been told 72 hours 3 times already and the direct debit is coming out tomorrow and I can't afford it as I have had to go elsewhere to get the Christmas present. The guy looks me in the eyes and says " the direct debit on our end has already gone out, you should of called 72 hours ago". Did he or anyone listen? So the best he could do was write a complaint on my behalf. He told me "48 hours you will get a call, but I've know the call to happen within 5 minutes of the complaint". I've done these jobs, I know you are just trying to get rid of me so the potential customers in store don't get spooked and leave. No one has called within the 48 hours. The money was taken from my account. I have been lied to definitely 3 times, possibly 4. I have no choice but to do an indemnity claim as I'm just going to be lied to repeatedly and waste another 14 hours (yes, actually 14 hours of time run around in circles on phone, online chat and in store). If you're reading this, look in to indemnity claim with your bank as these people don't care and a claim doesn't effect your credit score. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sammmmmy  So you returned an item,   The refund for that item once processed takes up to 14 days without Christmas being in the middle of it.   You try and get a 2nd item before the original item has been processed and the refund given back and it’s been Christmas.      

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sammmmmy

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear this has not yet been updated on your account. 

Due to the Christmas period turn around times may be a little longer. 

Usually once a device has been received at our warehouse it can take up to 72 hours to update on your account. A refund will then be processed which can take up to 14 days.

Should you be billed for the product you are returning during this time a credit will also be produced on your account. 

Have you been able to pull your payment back after speaking with your bank?

Katie