cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam email saying my bill not paid ... it was paid ... how do I report?

DelilahCat
Visitor

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Does it have a link in it that it tells you to click? Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to EE by forwarding the email to phishing@EE.co.uk .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Categale2
Visitor

I have just received a similar email My account is up to date 

I have tried to report to phishing@EE.co.uk received a message saying email address not recognised 

how did you report please? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Categale2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What was the full reply you received when you emailed phishing@ee.co.uk?

You can also report the email to the UK's National Cyber Security Team at report@phishing.gov.uk.

Thanks

James

jar-of-hearts
Visitor

I had one too. I logged in to my EE Account and there were a million topics except a REPORT SCAM EMAILS. mANY COMPANIES ARE THE SAME THESE DAYS...useless.

In the scam email it was addressed to "you".  When they don't know your name they're not genuine!

Christopher_G

Hi @jar-of-hearts 

If you forward the email to phishing@ee.co.uk, our security team can investigate it.

Prevent scams including phishing, vishing and smishing | Online Security Help | EE

Thank you.

Chris

Hi James

I have had a letter from EE regarding an outstanding payment due for what was my daughters Iphone 11 - there is showing on this letter the sum of £13.61 for her device- not a great amount but when she moved from EE we were given a final balance due of over £100 which I paid by card to clear the device balance there and then. Two months later I get a letter saying it is outstanding? it has given me a number of 0800 079 8586 to pay this amount, but I am aware there are scams going round for this type of thing. The strange thing is the letter was sent to my mother in laws address (which EE have never contacted me on before) so i am more than a little suspicious. My wife has checked the number but it say there is a possibility of a scam on it.

What do I do, who can I call safely to discuss?

PD666

James_B

Hi @PD666,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That's a genuine contact number for our Customer Care Team.

They'll be happy to look into this if you get in touch.

James