cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: email address for EE

Hijack
Investigator
Investigator

Regarding a contact email address , EE has to provide an Email address to comply with the Law of Consumer Contracts.

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Hijack wrote:

Regarding a contact email address , EE has to provide an Email address to comply with the Law of Consumer Contracts.

Could you provide a citation in support of this?

Hijack
Investigator
Investigator

Citations? I thought it was common knowledge.
In answer to the question, allow me me put things this way.
Web searching the question > Does EE state they comply with the Law of Consumer Contracts.
EE say they do in countless quotes, however in my experience...

@ct49 wrote:

Does anyone have an email address to contact EE?

I've looked on the website and can't find it. 

I have landline, Broadband and mobile with EE.

We had a lightning storm last night and now the landline is dead and I can't make or receive call on my mobile.I can use facetime, whatsapp, texts etc.  My broadband is working fine.

ta
etc...

The position in reality is:
EE lies just like all service providers. They send no reply emails and don't even try to deny the fact. Charming.

In other words you the cosumer is told what to do with the pleasure of reading a one way conversation in email. Nice aye?
EE sends No reply SMS's, or one word replies  because their algorithen becomes confused otherwise. Again pointles from a user pespective , why else would they want an email to reply to?.
I don't wish to go into "Help Bots"or "Ai Robots", humans hate them or this one does anyway .

You tell me where did your information comes from ,someone else perhaps?? 
  EE are acting outside of their contact while countless people make rather long (how do you contact ) threads marked > solved when they are notr and this is just one provider who used to call itself BT. No change there then.

facts
Jack

@Hijack wrote:

Citations? I thought it was common knowledge.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the "Law of Consumer Contracts", but there's no statutory requirement to provide email addresses for consumer-CS contact.

There is a requirement for post-sales support enquiries to be handled over a standard-rate phone line and a ban on the use of 084/087 numbers for the same.

I would be very interested in seeing the legal requirement for an email address that you claim.

The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013  Read it & find the insistence on email notices.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Indeed so, and Schedule 2 lists the requirements of distance sales.

Clause C requires disclosure of an e-mail address "where available". I don't see any reference to there being a requirement for one to be available.

The same clause also refers to fax numbers, which would be in the minority now.

So the results of a graph made up from those who would not post their concerns on this board and those who would.
It might be fair to estimate a higher volume of customers not posting but do have concerns like phone signal ,decommissioned telegraph pole etc…
The nature of a communication subject when email is not used ( for whatever reason) I feel there is legal grey area needing to be addressed.

For clarity let’s say when I web search the words
Can I contact EE via email
or
Does EE have a contact email address

While EE actively avoid complicated time consuming and no doubt costly customer enquires via email, the well versed reply to customer enquires in “the community .”
Great , I say and many thanks to those on this board who have become well versed regarding EE.
Sad to say my consumer account had no results after eleven emails finally being told “ our team is not the right team to help with Broadband returns.”
As the consumer canceling within 14 days, it has to be put in writing to EE how customers will see coertion without a way to reply in writing a.s.a.p.

However EE also state (depending on the Web search term )
for example searching > Can I email EE with a complaint?
gets
“ There are two ways you can complain, either over the phone or via one of our written communication options including letter, email webform or direct email.
You can call us free between 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday using the telephone numbers and contact details below.”

Assuming the quote “direct email” means no reply emails while EE continue to steam ahead with billing by Direct Debit which I had to cancel & opting out of contual algorithm generated no reply emails.
“webform”, suffice to say is“ EE community ”or “the account”.
Snail mail is via (written) letter.

If EE had gained the facts from Openreach they would know the situation and how things like this develop while relying on phones when phones have problem with signals and  as my phone recieves sms only and walking around looking for a signal carrying the relevent paperwork is no fun to put it mildly.
Over this weekend I will muse over the legal definitions given recently in this thread.

Jack
<>

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do you have a query with any of your EE services?

Your query appears to simply be the lack of email CS - which is not unique to EE outwith certain specific functions. You only need have a cursory search of this forum for "simple" questions that require several rounds of clarification before answers can be given. The same would be true of emails, many would argue that it becomes a very inefficient means of contact.

Debating the practicalities however, is not likely to alter the current approach.

Hi bristolian
Or lack of the BT app. Not to worry mentioned in the post.

@bristolian wrote:

Do you have a query with any of your EE services?

Your query appears to simply be the lack of email CS - which is not unique to EE outwith certain specific functions. You only need have a cursory search of this forum for "simple" questions that require several rounds of clarification before answers can be given. The same would be true of emails, many would argue that it becomes a very inefficient means of contact.

Debating the practicalities however, is not likely to alter the current approach.