cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mis sold a new phone plan and tablet - Breach of contract?

PaulRedMan13
Explorer

Went into ee store merryhill march 2022 to upgrade my phone (£89 full works plan) on upgrading my phone I was given a Ess device 4g. I was told it was free. On getting  my first bill I noticed a extra £11.40 on my bill . Contacted store and was told it would rectify itself on my next bill. Got my second bill & the £11.40 is still being charged.contacted store another 3 times by phone and have also gone to store only too be told I agreed to item. I only signed to upgrade my phone , when I checked my paper contract I found fixed to the back a consumer-additional line contract (24 months) this direct debit did not contain my signature. This was the first time I had seen this as It was not shown to me on the tablet in store hence no signature. Re contacted store and without them  saying it I was basically told I was not telling the truth and it was a glitch ☹️

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@PaulRedMan13  If your signature is not on that contract you can take it back and tell them that you don’t want it as you’ve not signed it.    You can not agree to a contract and have payment’s taken unless you agree to it and you agree to it by signing said contract.    Go to the store and show them.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@PaulRedMan13  If your signature is not on that contract you can take it back and tell them that you don’t want it as you’ve not signed it.    You can not agree to a contract and have payment’s taken unless you agree to it and you agree to it by signing said contract.    Go to the store and show them.  

Hi Chris thanx for advice . Sadly have been back to store with tablet and
contract and nothing has been resolved they basically said it was glitch
even though I told them I never saw contract . They just did not want to do
anything .
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PaulRedMan13,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and get back to me.

Thanks

James

Hi James , i have exactly the same issue, just realize this today. I m paying extra 13£ for ess device which I have been told its free. I cannot go to store because I m going for my holiday in 2 days and working until my flights. I think this is breaching the contract plan. I m so angry, because I m always paying attention to details but not this time. Could you please help me as well with this issue? Thank you

Leanne_T

Hi @marf20 

Thanks for coming here. 

How long ago did you complete the deal instore? 

Have you tried calling the store to get this looked into? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Please can you share what you told @PaulRedMan13 here otherwise nobody visiting the forum knows what actually happened and defeats the point of having a place where everyone can share the EE problems encountered and how they are resolved.

He disappeared after a "private message"....😅😉

Leanne_T

Hi @Bloozy 

The private message was to advise our customer care team would be able to get this looked into in more detail f this was not resolved after contacting the EE Store. 

Leanne. 

Crazy26
Explorer

The same thing has happened to me. I have been sold a plan I never agreed too. EE has a company you are misleading consumers and potentially putting them in debt. I signed up for what I could afford to pay monthly, not the extra £13. I will get contacting the Ombudsman and also watchdog