Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Usage

Bipanshu
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

My phone was stolen and I have a sim-only contract, I need a proof of usage and I have been told that that cannot be provided because the device isn't bought by EE. I have been contacting for a week and been strung along. Other people on this forum have had the same request and have been provided with the proof of usage. @Christopher_G and @Katie_B have helped others on the forum with this issue. I have already made multiple calls and failed to receive proof of usage. How can it be that I pay a monthly bill yet there is no letter confirming that I use your services?

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bipanshu 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you had your phone stolen and that you've had a problem getting this document. I've had a look into this and our Mobile Care team can definitely request a proof of usage for a non-EE device. I recommend getting back in touch and asking them to do so.

Chris

Hi Christopher, 

Could you please let me know the next steps if I am refused without reason?

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

You could ask them to open a complaint, @Bipanshu. You shouldn't have a problem though, there is a process for them to follow for this specific circumstance.

Chris

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Bipanshu 

If this is for your insurance then you didn't need it because it's a barrier to your claim put in place by your insurers who don't want to pay your claim. All you need are your bills from your EE account or online account. Make an official complaint to your insurers and then escalate your complaint to the financial ombudsman service.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Amit84
Visitor

I’m facing similar issues. Did you manage to get proof of usage ?

Hi Amit,

Yes, in my case, what they had done was deactivate my sim, so their system didn’t allow them to to produce as my sim was locked at that point. So you should tell them to give you proof of usage by reactivating your sim and then deactivating it again. Hope that helps.