cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase 2024

Claire2711
Investigator
Investigator

EE - I would like to know why you will be increasing prices by a further 3.9% ON TOP OF the 7.9% CPI from April 2024??

IMG_3111.png

33 REPLIES 33
Claire2711
Investigator
Investigator

Realised it’s not on top of, but why are you charging an extra 3.9% on top of inflation in any case?

@Claire2711  Because it’s in the contract you agreed too.  It’s in all network contracts that theres a percentage increase above the CPI figure.  

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Claire2711 

CPI+3.9% reflects the level of investment we need to make within our business to continue our
major investments in networks and service, while also protecting vulnerable customers suffering
from financial hardship or digital exclusion. 

Full information can be found in our Annual Price Changes on EE | Help | EE page. 

Leanne.

You had ridiculous increase last year and now 7.9% this year, will be cancelling 3 contracts with you from March. Not putting up with basic greed of EE anymore. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There is no automatic right of cancellation purely on the basis of the price increase, so early termination charges will apply if you're inside the minimum term.

Anyone doing so should also choose their potential new provider on the basis of whether the same price increases will apply - ensure that the chosen new provider doesn't have them and also provides a suitable network service in the locations you'll be using your phone.

Decisions made in haste are rarely good ones.

@Wittymouse   As per the T&Cs of the contract that you agreed too.   Decembers CPI rate plus 3.9%.       You accepted the T&Cs when you took out that contract and now you’re not happy about it.   You had to agree to the T&Cs of the contract for the sale to proceed.   Even if you didn’t listen or read the T&Cs you accepted them. 

Dom881
Explorer

I’ll also be cancelling 3 contracts with ee my bill has gone up 18£ per month this year had enough of this robbery , what was 42£ is 58.

@Dom881   if you’re still within your contract term, you’ll be liable to pay off the remaining term of that contract or contracts.     The increase is 7.9% per contract as stated with on the T&Cs for each contract 

you don’t say !!! No I’ll cancel in four months time and never ever return to ee in my life hike prices 14% and I can assure u the latest mobile phone isn’t of interest to me anymore I’m already overpaying for what I receive me and many other will be taking our custom elsewhere like sky !!  Oh it’s in the terms and conditions u say but my bill on one phone has gone from 42£ to 58£ since I took out the contract yet wages have not gone up at all and big corporations know full well people are gona struggle with all the increases but greedy shareholders want there profits , everyone I know on we is going to leave when there contract ends enjoy the extra income while it lasts coz phones will be the first thing people cut back on , oh food or the latest iPhone I think I know what the eotking class will choose