cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Ievabele21
Investigator
Investigator

Hey I don’t know if this is normal but I have an iPhone 12 with unlimited calls and texts but 120g but from last month they’ve put the gigs up to unlimited because I ordered a broadband . 
I took my phone contract out October 2022 and it cost me then without any discount just around £50 I’m now paying £75! A month for a phone that’s basically old . 
I looked on ee to see the same phone deal costs £53! I feel like I’m being scammed what do I do? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ievabele21  When you took this out that was the price for that tariff and that device over time especially 2 years almost the cost of the device will reduce to what it is now. So you can not compare to when you got this to today’s prices.   You was happy with it when you got it but depreciation does happen as the device gets superseded by newer devices. 

And trust me you did agree to a yearly price increase of CPI + 3.9%.   You didn’t agree to a 14% increase as EE do not know what the CPI rate is going to be in December each year. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Ievabele21  There’s been two price increases since you took out this contract.  2023.  14.9%. 2024 7.9%.    but that doesn’t make it £75.  Have you looked at your bill breakdown?      The age of a device now doesn’t mean the tariff reduces in cost you agreed to the cost when you took out the contract.    But check your bill breakdown. 

My bill is £75.28 for a iPhone 10 which is outrageous because why do they charge for the same phone at a smaller price and actually no there was no agreement in the 14% if I would have known I would of just gotten a sim plan because the phone is not worth it 

@Ievabele21 , Are you on a sim only deal? If you have not upgraded to a new phone, then I would suggest changing to a sim only deal if you are still paying for the phone, as that will make a big difference, as it sounds like you have not changed your plan. You can either check online or speak to customer service and they will suggest the best plan for you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

No I’m on a normal deal but £75.28 is outrageous when it was well below that I called them and they said they can’t do anything until my phone contract ends in October 

@Ievabele21  When you took this out that was the price for that tariff and that device over time especially 2 years almost the cost of the device will reduce to what it is now. So you can not compare to when you got this to today’s prices.   You was happy with it when you got it but depreciation does happen as the device gets superseded by newer devices. 

And trust me you did agree to a yearly price increase of CPI + 3.9%.   You didn’t agree to a 14% increase as EE do not know what the CPI rate is going to be in December each year. 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Does your price-plan show as £75.28 on your monthly bill? If not, what makes up the difference?

Yeah it says £75.28 it the phone itself is worth £19 something a month so the service charge is over £55 which is way too much especially when where I live it’s close to a red zone which means signal is awful 

So how does this make sense my brother has a 13 pro max unlimited everything has his phone the same time as me and pays £70 and I’m paying £75 for an iPhone 12 with 120g literally baffles my mind for the signal as well it’s not worth being with ee anymore I’ve been with them 6 years now but will be leaving especially after realising that they are one of 4 companies that have been overcharging people and owe people 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

The price you're paying has nothing to do with your coverage levels. The logical extension of the argument would be differential pricing for different areas.

Offers & promotions do change over time, premium high-end phones do inevitably cost more when first released, and prices fall as they are superceded - sometimes much better value can be obtained by choosing phones that are slightly older, providing the functionality meets your needs.