cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number was changed without request.

onajobi
Investigator
Investigator

my number was changed without request, upon calling the 150 to complain about swap in my number from xxxxxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxxxxx from pay as you go to pay Monthly, customer service promised to have number switched back to status Quo and that my request was put through to technical team and it will take 48 hours to revert my number back to normal. it's now 3weeks without resolution to my issue and no service on network, I have gone to EE store in Coventry to show my ID but to no avail. All I want is my old number back, I didn't request for the switch in number or  to pay monthly , all this was done without my knowledge or consents. I top up on 6th August and few days later was discounted with PACK 20. All my effort to get the issue resolved as been abortive. I'm not a happy camper with EE.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @onajobi

I am very sorry to hear this. 

To help you get this looked into, I've sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@onajobi : To be on a Pay Monthly contract you have to commit & pay a monthly fee for a min. period, usually 12 or 24 months. When & how did you give EE your banking or credit card details in order for them to take these charges?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I never called in to give  bank/credit details nor made such request. I was informed my number was accidentally switched by a customer service when some else with a number similar to mine called in. One would have thought EE would have rectified such mistake immediately? No, I have incommunicado for over two weeks now. 

Then at least you are not paying for this contract. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T

Hi @onajobi

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I have sent you a private message, if you can take a look and get back to me, that would be great 🙂

Leanne.

Responded to private chart. I just hope EE will not put me on endless loop again.  

Nika81
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same issue but they fixed it twice and now ots happening again as we speak.

James_B

Hi @Nika81,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What issues are you having with your EE phone?

James

Hi James,

There was a time where I wanted to move to a monthly contract, however this never happened as ee could not move my number over and then even lost it. I had in the mean time another Sim which was given to me which ended nr 053. Hence they lost my number, that was my phone number I was only reachable on. After long discussions and loads of back and forth I decided yo go back to pay as you go, however my old number ending 964 was still not back on my account. After some time somebody managed to put it back and everything seemed fine.
Some time later it happened again my account said the number 053 is my phone number nor 964. We then called ee again and it took around a month or so until they finally could give me my old number back 964.
I thought this was the last time as they promised me that the nr 053 is now gone.
Well yesterday it happened again, I called mg husband and he said the number 053 is back as it showed up on his screen when I called him. 🙄 I called ee again and they said both numbers are assigned to me and both are active and that 053 is my priority number. I don't even have any credit under this number and I am sick of wasting money on 2 numbers.

Kind regards
Anika Carey