cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mobile Bill and Phone

Rayg66
Investigator
Investigator

At present I am in the Phillipines, before I came to Phillipines I was in Spain had an account with EE as I am up and down from UK to Spain, I have regualar monthly payments no exceeding £30, however while in spain I receive notification of my next bill being £250 plus, I was shocked, I notified my bank to freeze any payment before came out until investigated why it was so high, my bank could regular payments and then massive increase and froze the account, I then contacted EE to explain why they were taking so much money from my account, they said they were not going to, it must be a scam, I told them can you confirm this, and they said yes and sent me a message statiny £23.73 would be taken out your account on 19th February 2024, I still have the message on my phone, so I contacted my bank and told them EE said it was not them sending bill and to reinstate standing order, so I made my trip to phillipines knowing all was well and would use phone while there, however come the 19th February 2024 they took £288.61 out of my account, and my phone now says not registered on network, I cannot ring EE, I cannot ring my bank, my family will be stressed as they cannot ring me, what is EE playing, I intend to get some sort of deal with a Phillipine sim, and ring my bank and EE,, how dare they put me in this position     

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rayg66  Have you looked at the bill breakdown to see it’s so high ?  

Hye chris it wont show bill breakdown, it says contact them, but they have stopped my phone so I cant, I know they made an error, and my bank knows they made an error, it looks like my bank stopped payment as they know it was not right as I complained about it before, EE have made an error and at the same time they are punishing me for it, and I have no way to contact them or anyone on my phone 

Hye Chris my bank has just reversed the payment rightly so, so it is just a matter of contacting EE to restore my phone and pay correct payment, I have confirmation on my mobile after previously speaking to them that my bill would be £23.73 not £288.16, the error is theres , my bank knows it and I have proof

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rayg66

If your direct debit has been stopped with your bank please get in touch with our customer care team

The team have account access and will be able to look into your bill further and take a manual payment for your bill this month. 

Katie

Rayg66
Investigator
Investigator

Wow Katie B, its a waste of time trying to ring I have been deliberately cut off 5 times, they messed up and do not what want to resolve it, tried to to overcharge me and wont deal with it, was way ahead of them and informed my bank long before they took money out, intend to take it a lot further, you messed with the wrong person and never got away with it, and you dont like it, jsut as well I have whatsapp, main thing is you did not get away with it, taking it up with resolver now, and see you in court if necessary I will be back in Europe next month, and intend to let all know what you are like, and I have the proof, not over yet, speak soon

Katie_B

Hi @Rayg66

I am sorry to hear your call has been disconnected. 

Our customer care team will be able to resolve this for you as they have account access. 

If you do not wish to call there is also the option for Live Chat which can be found within your EE app under 'Help'. 

Katie

Rayg66
Investigator
Investigator

Well tried 5 times to resolve the problem with my phone and account, and every time customer services deliberately cut me off, overcharged me from £23.76 to £288.16 , and then cut my phone so I could not deal with it, even my bank was aware what they were doing,, I spoke to EE when they notified me my bill would be higher, I rang them and asked why, they said error or scam, I asked them to confirm my bill will only be £23.76, and not £200+, and they sent me a message confirming this, still on my phone, needed to sort as I was going out the country, so they confirmed it, but as soon I was out the country they sent D/D payment to my bank for £288.16, but what EE did not realise was trust was gone and I anticipated they would do this, and I previously informed my bank, I explained all to bank , cancelled D/D and then reinstated when they informed me by message my bill would only be  £23.76, but also informed my bank if they take anymore than £23.76, dont pay, the payment should of been on 19th February 2024, but remained pending on 20th February 2024, and was reversed on 21st February 2024, my bank was aware something was not right and aware of the message sent to confirm only £23.76 would be taken out my account, and they also cut my phone off to try hide their incompetance, lets just bury this, cut his phone off, cut off his calls, well I know, my bank knows, and I will make sure many more people will know, they think they are god or something, but just proved there not, and should be aloud to get away wuth such behaviour, and they wont 

Leanne_T

Hi @Rayg66 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

This would need to be looked into by our mobile guides to fully check the account and help you get this resolved. Please try calling us again from any phone or calling app and the team will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

Hye Leanne

I am in the phillipines, I have tried using Phillipine sim, but call keep cutting off or EE are deliberately cutting me off, I have been with EE for many many years, I have had that number a long time, you have no right to take it for an error EE created, I want to resolve this matter but EE wont let me, all they have to do is check the message they sent me on the 12th February 2024 after I queried the bill they were going to send, it confirms what they said my bill was £23.76, just look, and then question why you would send a bill for £288.16, and when I stopped EE doing it EE turned off my phone, easily done check out my plan, same as all the previous months, I used data usuage in spain and always plenty left, plenty left when EE decided to somehow change my plan and charge me £288.16 for roaming in spain, and I still had data left, will someone please check my account and see the error they made and put it right and restore my phone please and resolve this matter, so I can ay proper fee and restore my phone for when I return to uk and spain, EE could resolve this easily if they wanted