cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movibg abroad

Markkelly
Visitor

So I am moving to Spain. I would like to keep my contract going but obviously there are charges. I am wondering if there are any options, other then paying off the remaining contract and cancelling it. 

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE is a UK network operator and roaming services are intended for short trips abroad not long-term residents.

Roaming facilities should continue to work in the short term, but once you are no longer deemed to have a stable link to the UK - broadly 2 months in every 4 - that can't be guaranteed.

Cancelling your contract and converting to PAYG is probably the best long-term option, but this needs to be done before you leave the UK. Early termination would be chargeable if you're still inside the minimum term.

Switching to PAYG will cost almost as much as keeping your contract for its min. term as switching involves cancelling your contract but will be cheaper thereafter.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)