cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold a sim only contract in New Street Birmingham store.

Sam-77
Investigator
Investigator

Missold a sim contract.  They added extra add ons that were not explained to me nor add ons I had requested.  I went in for a better deal.  I had 100GB data which they just reduced to 6GB. and charged me £22 when instore they said it would be £15.  They added extras on without my permission.  They are using inexperienced people to con you and then tell you that they were inexperienced.  I am fed up with misselling.  When I called EE they told me that there is nothing they can do.  Well I bet that OFCOM will disagree and legal action.  Having read the threads here, it appears that there is a trend going on with EE conning people and misselling.  I am writing to the MP to investigate and will take court action against EE.  I urge all those who have been conned and missold to do the same.

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Sam-77 , you should have checked before signing the contract, and also asked the salesman to make sure you are getting what you want.

Unfortunately there is nothing EE can do, as unlike doing it online where you have 14 days cooling off, there is none when done in the store.

The only thing you can’t do, is to go back to the store and see what they have to say. 

You can also fill in a complaints form, see what happens there.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Both Ofcom & the courts expect you to use a formal complaints process in the first instance, which includes provision for ADR if a complaint is deadlocked or unresolved.

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/complaints-code-of-practice-june-2019.pdf