cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost trade in

Stringy2010
Contributor
Contributor

I did an early upgrade via the upgrade anytime on my iPhone 15 pro contract and have had nothing but issues with the whole upgrade process.

I upgraded my 15 pro to the 15 pro max as the battery life on the 15 pro was not the best.  I sent my 15 pro back via EE's supplied trade in pack on the 19th Feb, this was done in person at my local post office.  The tracking was updated the following day on the 20th Feb to say it had been received at the RM Warrington MC.

That was the last time it was updated so I emailed Likewise who did a warehouse search for the handset and confirmed they had not received it.  I was told by Likewise that I would have to contact EE regarding this as they would need some details from them regarding my account so they can process a claim for the lost handset.  A claim for £100 against a phone that I'll be charged £810 for.

I called EE today and was told that the issue is between me and Royal Mail and that I'd have to put the claim in myself, this is wrong as the postage was paid for via EE's business account with RM and I can't claim myself according to Royal Mail.

As far as I'm concerned I've done everything that was requested of me by sending it back in the supplied returns pack and kept the post office posting receipt and also tried to sort it out with Likewise directly.  If you think for one minute I'm paying £810 for a phone I no longer have because it's been lost by the company that EE have entrusted this process too then I think this is completely unfair.

17 REPLIES 17
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stringy2010   You have confirmation it’s been received at a Royal mail sorting office.      Just call EE customer services stating you have proof of postage and also have proof of it being received at RM Warrington MC.  You can not be held accountable for lost in transit especially after confirmation of being received at RM Warrington MC.        This is EEs postage prepaid postage package and your only doing the taking it to the post office on EEs behalf.   

Stringy2010
Contributor
Contributor

Well an update on how this turned out.

Just gotten off the phone with an EE advisor regarding this and the complaint I made about it and they are holding me liable for £610 of the total £810 non trade in fee.

I have now paid it but let’s make this clear EE, this is absolute disgusting behaviour from you.  Holding a customer liable for the cost of a lost handset even though I sent it back in your returns pack following the instructions you provided and by the return date that you set.  I have proof of postage and everything I needed to prove I sent it.

Shame on you EE, my business with you will be coming to an end as nothing you can possibly do will make this right.  You have literally STOLEN £610 off me this afternoon.

Beware everyone, if you have family and friends discount on your account you can’t “upgrade anytime” in store so you have to do it online or over the phone.  Then if you send your current phone back to them in the pack they provide and it goes missing, tough, your responsible for it and will have to pay them for something that’s not your fault.

The Communications Ombudsmen will be hearing about this as this is plain wrong.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stringy2010 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Have you been in touch with Likewize to see if they can help locate the trade in for you? 

Our Trade In Terms & Conditions (Online) (ee.co.uk) has full details on the terms of the trade in and contact details for Likewize. 

Leanne. 

Yes I have done everything EE have requested.  Likewise haven’t received the handset, the tracking finishes at Royal Mail Warrington MC.

If there’s even a chance that this could happen maybe EE should start issuing returns packs which include insurance cover for the full handset value.  They know what handset your returning so this shouldn’t be beyond the realms of expectations.

The whole upgrade thing has been a nightmare from start to finish.

Leanne_T

I am very sorry this has happened and appreciate you coming back to the community to let us know and leaving this feedback for the trade in packaging  @Stringy2010 

Leanne.

Stringy2010
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting item in the T&C’s here.

I have not failed to comply with the provisions of any of the terms regarding the trade in and how it was sent.  Therefore I still don’t see how I’m responsible.

IMG_2072.jpeg

Leanne_T

Hi @Stringy2010 

Our How to 'Trade In' Your Old Device with EE, Help page advises, 'Although we pay for the postage via a prepaid envelope, it's your responsibility to make sure your device is adequately protected in the envelope and insured for loss. Sorry, but we can't take responsibility for loss or damage.' 

If you would like to discuss the terms, please give us another call on 150. 

Leanne. 

These are different T&C’s you have linked to, these are T&C’s for trading in an old device with Brightstar.  This has nothing to do with upgrade anytime with EE’s partner Likewise.

It’s pointless speaking to anyone at CS as 90% of them are incompetent and I just don’t have time to keep calling back in the hope I eventually speak to someone who knows more than just how to look at your bill, sell you broadband or a new phone or say “I’m very sorry”

Leanne_T

Hi @Stringy2010 

The Help page and terms and conditions are correct, the company changed name. I will feed this back to the relevant team to get the Help page updated to show Likewize. 

Leanne.