cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost trade in

Stringy2010
Contributor
Contributor

I did an early upgrade via the upgrade anytime on my iPhone 15 pro contract and have had nothing but issues with the whole upgrade process.

I upgraded my 15 pro to the 15 pro max as the battery life on the 15 pro was not the best.  I sent my 15 pro back via EE's supplied trade in pack on the 19th Feb, this was done in person at my local post office.  The tracking was updated the following day on the 20th Feb to say it had been received at the RM Warrington MC.

That was the last time it was updated so I emailed Likewise who did a warehouse search for the handset and confirmed they had not received it.  I was told by Likewise that I would have to contact EE regarding this as they would need some details from them regarding my account so they can process a claim for the lost handset.  A claim for £100 against a phone that I'll be charged £810 for.

I called EE today and was told that the issue is between me and Royal Mail and that I'd have to put the claim in myself, this is wrong as the postage was paid for via EE's business account with RM and I can't claim myself according to Royal Mail.

As far as I'm concerned I've done everything that was requested of me by sending it back in the supplied returns pack and kept the post office posting receipt and also tried to sort it out with Likewise directly.  If you think for one minute I'm paying £810 for a phone I no longer have because it's been lost by the company that EE have entrusted this process too then I think this is completely unfair.

17 REPLIES 17
Stringy2010
Contributor
Contributor

Can you show me where it says

Although we pay for the postage via a prepaid envelope, it's your responsibility to make sure your device is adequately protected in the envelope and insured for loss. Sorry, but we can't take responsibility for loss or damage.' 

In these T&C’s https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/help/terms-and-conditions/mobile/trade-in/ee-likewize-tcs-online.pdf

As these terms name the trade in partner as Likewize which is the new name for Brightstar I can only assume that these T&C’s are more recent, therefore they supersede the old T&C’s and will be the ones I’m using.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stringy2010 

I am sorry for any confusion. 

The How to 'Trade In' Your Old Device with EE, Help page is an EE Help page advising 'it's your responsibility to make sure your device is adequately protected in the envelope and insured for loss. Sorry, but we can't take responsibility for loss or damage' this is within the 'What happens if my device is lost or damaged in the post?' section. 

The terms and conditions are for Likewize and the trade in and can be found on the Trade In Terms and Conditions page, with the EE trade in and upgrade terms and conditions which has further information on the loss of a device. 

If you wish to discuss the trade in further, please contact our mobile guides on 150. 

Leanne. 

MrsBClark27
Investigator
Investigator

I had the same case with my trade in. It got lost in RM Warrington Depot. Contacted EE, RM and Likewize. RM admitted that phone got lost while in transit. Made a compensation of £150. Now EE want me to be liable for the remaining £600. Total corrupt! I have contacted RM to investigate but was told that they don't investigate a single case giving me an impression that I'm the only one with a missing package! Disgusting company. EE wanting to pay as less as possible by using a postal service that cannot provide protection for it's customers! 

Exactly my argument, at the end of the day unless you’ve paid for the handset in its entirety it still belongs to EE.  Therefore they should be providing adequate postage cover for THEIR handset to be returned as it still legally belongs to them until it’s paid for.

My complaint is now with someone from ECR and it’s been with them for 2 weeks now and I’ve already had to ring to chase them up, honestly EE are an absolute joke.  I’m not gonna let this lie and will be taking it as far as it can possibly go.  I know how much it costs EE to send a complaint to the Communication Ombudsman so I’ll be making sure I cost them as much as I possibly can over this matter.  If they think it’s gonna go away they’re wrong.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good evening @MrsBClark27

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

Have our customer care team or the team over at Likewize raised a case for a missing parcel?

Do you still have all the tracking information?

Katie

Now, after scrolling on the Internet, it looks like a lot of parcels are going missing via Warrjngton Depot. And here's the catch, there are cases of missing trade in phones from the same depot and EE has been quiet about this and don't want to take any action to protect it's customers. They're not bothered if their customers are being ripped off by using an unreliable postal service. I'll be more than happy to help to spread the word regarding the incompetence of EE and Royal Mail. I'm just sending BBC rip-off Britain an email regarding my case as I saw a video of someone whose package was sold at an auction as an apparent "unclaimed/lost" parcel. 

I’d not thought of that to be honest.  They’ll be getting an email from me too, the more that do the better the chance of this being picked up by them I guess.

Please do. I would appreciate that. I will update this thread if I hear back from them.