Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Ee

rshar1
Investigator
Investigator

IMG_6342.png

Earlier today I received a promotion call from EE advising as I had been a loyal customer for 11 years I was eligible for offers. I made enquiries re broadband because I need faster BB I asked the advisor to call me tomorrow.

meanwhile, I logged on to the app to see what offers I was eligible for - told I could upgrade early with no fee. It clearly states there are six months of my contract left but assumed this was due to 11 years and because I pay for two contracts and I’d be upgrading both.

I reach the end and the verification link never came through. I came to this forum and it advised to call 150. Having been with EE for 11 years (thanks to the advisor that called earlier), the lady was unhelpful and frankly couldn’t be bothered. I asked whether the offer would be honoured and why the app contains misleading information. She couldn’t help and allegedly checked with a manager who agreed with her - I could upgrade but with a fee of £390.

I will remain with EE until March and I will then be switching, it costs nothing to be polite and to be defensive because you do not know the answer isn’t an excuse. 
Bravo EE, you tell me regarding my 11 years loyalty and you end the day with no additional service (sorry Amir you are lovely) and soon loss of two contracts.

IMG_6341.png

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @rshar1 

You are trying to upgrade mobile broadband or your mobile phone line? 

You have posted two separate tariffs, do you have two sims. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi - upgrade mobile. I have two lines (therefore tried upgrading both). 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rshar1 

Thanks for coming here. 

What was the number that called you to offer the upgrades? 

Leanne.

I was called earlier by Sunderland to discuss offers on my account. This prompted me to check the EE app and the offer was online. I spent the best part of 2 hours trying to sort including 45 mins on the phone to 150 to have someone who had simply had enough at the other end.

Ironic when I had been advised earlier that I was one of the most loyal customers; suspect it is marketing spiel given to the masses.

Leanne_T

I am very sorry to hear this @rshar1 

I would suggest giving us another call to discuss the call you have received and the offers to see if the team can locate the details and help you further. 

Leanne.

No thank you Leanne - I will bide my time and leave in March. Please ensure I am removed from all marketing lists and texts.

Leanne_T

Hi @rshar1 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

To remove marketing texts and emails you would need to contact our customer care team, they can remove this for you. 

Leanne.