cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to wait to get another phone on my contract?

CodrutPRotaru
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I've got a phone with airtime plan for my wife on Monday from an EE store, and when I went to pick it up Wednesday ( because I'm a new costumer I couldn't get it delivered to my house), I wanted to get the second phone for me on the same contract under my name. But the employees told me that because I'm new I have to wait like 1 month or even up to 6 months to be able to get the second phone . Why is that ?? I passed the check for two phone Monday and they made me a deal that I sign for with broadband, phones and airtime plan. NOBODY on the store prevented me or told me that I might have to wait, they actually confirmed and motivated me that I can gen 2 phone under my name and that many other costumers have the same !!! Now what's gonna happen with that deal ? I don't want to pay for something I won't have ( like 2 phones just to get a better price), but neither I don't want to pay just for one phone and broadband as it wouldn't have none of the discounts applied since I won't have 2 lines under my name. 
why you have to make it so annoying and frustrating that costumers needs to wait for their phones ?? Like most of other companies even gives you the phones straight away form the shop, and with EE you need to order and wait, then go to collect form the store... it's a very big headache and it's NOT a very good impression that you leave to a new costumer ! Especially after this problem with the second phone where I spend hours in the shop for nothing to be sorted. I really want to get this sorted out asap as it not fair and it feels against my person, if I passed all the checks and the system approved me, I'm expecting to face no more problems or delays! 

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CodrutPRotaru  once you have been billed and you’ve made that payment you then should be able to take out a second line on your account.      You get a discount for additional lines on the same account.      Your questioning whether the store had that particular model in stock if they did, you would’ve got it straight away if they didn’t then you’d have to go back and collect it. The store cannot give you what they don’t have..  

Right, okey I understand you. Hmm, the only bill it shows me in the app at the moment it's in "Bills and payments" section, under "Mobile" and says debits:12th of April. Does that means on 12th of April or after that, I can try again and I should be able to get the second phone with airtime on my contract ? 
regarding the discount, a guy from the store when we discussed about this bundled with broad band and 2 phones with unlimited Sorine internet and etc, he said for all that I will pay just arround 125-135£ a month because of a discount for second line in the contract + discount for choosing to have broadband form EE as well. Does this discounts, and the amount the guy told I will normally pay, will automatically activate once I get the second phone or do I need to go in the store and make this "deal" again ? 
thank you 

CodrutPRotaru
Investigator
Investigator

Up! I'm still waiting for an answer/confirmation 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CodrutPRotaru 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

All available offers will show in your EE app/EE account online, when you are eligible for an additional contract. If you would like to discuss the additional contract please call us on 150 🙂

Leanne.

Hello, I do not have the sim in my phone. My wife has the sim in her new phone so I can't call 150. I need an another phone number to call. Last time I called EE a lady told me can take up to 6 months to be able to get the second line under my name. Nobody will wait even that long to get a phone or an airtime, I hope you are aware of this. 
still you didn't answer to my question, when I will be able to get the second phone , and regarding the previous response I received, if after the bill from this week I will be able to get the second line with phone ?!

thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @CodrutPRotaru 

Sorry, this is not something we would be able to advise.

To add another line on an existing account would require the account to be looked into and if this is not available right now you can keep checking the EE account online, if an additional contract can be added this will show for you. 

Our Account and billing (ee.co.uk) contact us page has all numbers you can use to call us from any phone 🙂

Leanne. 

Alright. But I guess is no use for me to call today or the next following days for a phone if anyway I can't get one, and I don't want either to call everyday from now just to check if I can get the phone....

Leanne_T

Hi @CodrutPRotaru 

If you have called over the past few days and been advised this is not available, please keep checking the EE account or EE app. 

Leanne.