Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex pay Arrrgh!

RedS1lence
Contributor
Contributor

Afternoon all..

A word to the wise.

I have 6 SIMS, for me and my family, and I decided to go for a new phone on mine and was offered flex play on the assumption I could make regular extra contributions to the loan balance and therefore pay it off as soon as possible.

That's where all the fun began.

The payments attempted (via all channels and departments at EE including the executive complaints department) either failed, but would debit from my account, sometimes not and sometimes coming off my airtime instead.

A proper mess.

After my 1st payment through direct debit went through we attempted a token contribution of £10 which worked.

We then tried £20 and it failed.

My complaints and issues are ongoing with the executive complaints department whom I can't fault to be fair, we're all perplexed.

I have 2 theories I'd like some help with?

1. The system is only allowing me to make 1 Extra voluntary contribution in the same month as my Direct debit payment?

2. The amount I'm attempting to pay is more than the £15 a month direct debit (£20 ) and it's failing because it's more than the direct debit?

All parties agree based on the flex pay terms and conditions that I can make extra payments, but clearly I can't and nobody can seem to get to the bottom of it all.

They have agreed I have a right to leave without penalty should it continue to not work, but I'm happy with my airtime plan.

Advice, solutions and suggestions gratefully received..

Yours sincerely

Chris 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RedS1lence   Perhaps just try one payment of £20 instead of trying to make 2 over payments.    You say £10 worked but £20 didn’t was this straight after the first payment?   The issue could simply be with 2 payments on the same date. 

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

£10 went through last week no problem.

You're correct £20 on the same day didn't go through So..

Then this morning a person from the executive office called me and we attempted the £20 again with a week's difference and it failed. They don't know why.

So either it's because it won't accept 2 extra payments in a month or it's because I'm attempting an amount (£20) that's more than my loan repayment (£15).

If it's the latter - which I hope it isn't - it would mean I could never make a sizable contribution to my overall loan amount.

And that's simply not fair.

I would hope the system is thinking "not twice in one month sunshine" so when the advisor calls me back in May we are going to attempt £20 payment then as it'll be a new month.

I hope I'm making sense.

But either way- it's not acceptable - and not what I was sold.

Thankyou 

@RedS1lence   I’m on a flex tariff also so please come back and keep us updated on this.      I was told you can pay anything to reduce the over all monthly payments so this is of interest to me also.  

Sure thing.

If anyone out there who has a flex plan and has payed an amount more than their commitment monthly direct debit then please let us know so I can narrow down the reasons to take back to the executive office.