cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Pay - Paying Extra

ropf
Explorer

I am about to upgrade and will be moving onto Flex Pay. It says you can pay off extra some months towards your phone contract. Does this mean that your remaining payments are reduced to balance it out, rather than the contract being shortened?

5 REPLIES 5
XboxGamer1987
Problem solver
Problem solver

Hello @ropf 

When you make extra payments for the device it doesn't shorten the contract.  If you want to leave you got to pay off the Tariff separately.

ropf
Explorer

Yes, that's what I assumed. But just wanted to make sure that they then adjust the remaining payments for the rest of the contract?

I'm an over thinker and want to get everything straight in my head before I upgrade.

Hello @ropf 

Basically the Flexi Plan for the Device is a Loan repayment. However the Tariff is a separate agreement.

I'm paying £31.50 a Month for my Samsung Galaxy Ultra S23 over 3 Years and a Separate Payment of £35.88.  I also have a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch which I pay for which it included in the Tariff price.

However in total I pay is £67.38 

yes, if you make extra payments your monthly amount will go down and the contract will stay the same length. 

I am trying to do this myself but can't see where I can make the extra payments so please let me know if you know that

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Saybyebye 

If you would like to make an extra Flex Pay payment, you would need to give us a call on 150 and our guides will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.