cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ess device 4G

Serena13
Investigator
Investigator

I have just notice I am paying an extra £11 per month for a Ess Device 4G.

When I upgraded my phone in November, I was told I would get a device for FREE and was told I absolutely wouldn’t pay for it.

they also tried to sell me broadband which I also said no to as I already have it sorted.

I feel absolutely ripped off my EE.

I have been with EE/ orange since I got my first phone 11 years ago. I think it’s disgusting how you can secretly add this onto someone’s bill.

43 REPLIES 43
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kl171

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you recently upgraded and been sent a tablet or other additional device? 

Leanne.

Ksk1
Investigator
Investigator

Omg this is disgusting exactly the same has happened to me! Fee so let down with EE been with them for 20 years! 

Leanne_T

Hi @Ksk1 

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened. 

When did you get the tablet contract? 

Have you been back to the store to get this looked into? 

Leanne. 

JimBob72
Investigator
Investigator

Just noticed this on my account too.  The guy in store brazenly lied to our faces saying there were no extra charges.  Even said it was cheaper to take the tablet as without the tablet the contract for the phone I was getting (for my Step Daughter would be more expensive.  Also the signature on the agreement isn't mine so not sure how that stands up legally.

Katie_B

Hello @JimBob72

Thanks for coming to the community.

I am sorry to hear this. 

Have you been back to the store which you purchased the contracts from?

Katie

JimBob72
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, not yet.  I've only just noticed it so was looking up what it was all about.  It is galling that the assistant in the store brazenly lied to my face and even told me the phone contract would be a higher cost if I didn't take the 'free' tablet!

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @JimBob72

I would recommend revisiting your local store with copies of your paper work so the manager of the store can look into this further for you. 

Katie

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

This has got to stop. This dishonest widespread practice by staff in EE stores is tarnishing EE's reputation & brand image. They need to learn that "free" really means FREE & not some hidden unannounced extra.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Sallad
Visitor

Same thing has happened to me, a price was agreed upon in-store and I came away thinking I'd only pay that price only to find out that there's a second charge. Fairly sure I still have the paperwork that states I'd only pay that much too.

I honestly should have just gone with Sky but thought I could be helped with EE as I've been with them for 12 years. Obviously not.

James_B

Hi @Sallad,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can look into this for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James