cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract

Tel57
Visitor

I have paid up to the end of my contract but I looked on EE to see how you get a PAC code and immediately I got a text saying I would be charged £28.45 for leaving early? I am not leaving early as I have paid up for my subscription until the 23 rd of October. How is this allowed? The main reason I am leaving is because of the amount EE charge for data, calls etc…

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tel57   Did you call customer services to give notice or have you just put money on your account?      Putting money on your account isn’t giving notice of termination or paying off your contract term.  You’ve just put money on your account to go towards future bills.   Perhaps you should be reading THIS to understand what you need to do and not what you think you need to do. 

How much they charge for calls/data ?  So you’re going outside your call allowance ie your calling chargeable numbers.  You’ll get the same charges on other networks.   If you’re using up your data allowance just perhaps you need to increase that allowance instead of just purchasing more. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The £28.45 is the cost of cancelling your contract on the day you asked about leaving, not at the end of your min. term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)