cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly vulnerable person mis-sold contract

toothfairy
Investigator
Investigator

My mom popped into an EE store to ask a simple question on 7/11/12. 

Three hours later she left with a mobile phone and contract that was completely unsuitable.

My mom is approaching 80 years of age and gets very confused. She left the store browbeaten with zero understanding of the contract that they had got her to sign. My mom has cataracts and could not see the paperwork she is also diabetic and had been in there for 3 hours. She felt completely overwhelmed with the situation and signed paper work to get out the shop.My mother was told that she had the best deal and lots of data. My mom absolutely doesn't need 25G data and the phone is unsuitable for her arthritic hands. I am so upset that a sales person was able to do this to an elderly vulnerable disabled visually impaired person. My mom returned to the store the next morning supported by her carer. She tried to explain that she did not want the phone or contract but was told it was too late and that she had to have it. It is awful that she had been presurissed into this deal and was also still unaware of the cost. When I visited yesterday I discovered what had happened and I had to look at the paper work and explain how much it was costing a month. This is unacceptable something needs to be done my mom is so upset and feels overwhelmed by the situation........it is wrong to target elderly vulnerable people into mobile contracts.......especially when you can visibly see that the person was struggling to understand.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

20 REPLIES 20
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Milli4

If you wish to make a complaint please fill out our complaints form and someone from the complaints department will be in touch. 

Katie