cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE refusing to provide me with proof of blacklisting

icecream16
Visitor

My phone was stolen on 6th of February - I report it to the police. Insurance company is asking me to provide a proof of blacklisting from the network used. I contacted EE many times asking them to do so. They are saying it is Apple in charge for this as the phone was bought from there. Apple is claiming that only the network provider can do so, as they have proof of the SIM being used with the IMEI number. It is going circles... I am struggling to receive requested information. They also refused to provide me with a letter of rejection on this matter. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@icecream16  EE should be blacklisting the device regardless of where you purchased it from.      Apple can not and do not have access to black list a device from network used.  It’s a network feature that network providers use.  

Please see THIS  and note the part about sim free mobile handset as this it what yours is as you go it from Apple. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@icecream16  EE should be blacklisting the device regardless of where you purchased it from.      Apple can not and do not have access to black list a device from network used.  It’s a network feature that network providers use.  

Please see THIS  and note the part about sim free mobile handset as this it what yours is as you go it from Apple.