Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does RPI increase get based on full price of the plan or the discounted price

Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello.

I have a question that I wondered if someone could answer for me please?

I'm looking at upgrading my Mother's sim only plan. The one she is interested in is the EE Multi SIM Essential SIM 25GB | Physical SIM 24 months.

The price of this plan is £16 monthly, and it shows that this plan is usually £25 (there is no mention of how long it will be at the discounted price of £16).

I was wondering when the RPI increase gets applied 31 March 2025, will the increase be based on the discounted price of the plan ((£16) or will it be based on the full price of the plan (£25).

Thanks in advance. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Fatboy71   If it’s this one  ?    Thats £16 for 24 months and it’s CPI on this £16.       

IMG_2053.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Fatboy71     Hi,     Can you post a link to it.    Providing it’s not a limited time discount ie 3 or 6 months it should be at the discount rate ie £16.    

@Fatboy71   If it’s this one  ?    Thats £16 for 24 months and it’s CPI on this £16.       

IMG_2053.png

@Chris_B yes thats the exact plan in your screenshot. 

Thanks very much for the help, I'll pass on the information that the CPI increase will be based on the £16 price and that it's discounted for 24 months. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated. 

Ofcom have every intention of banning CPI+ increases by next year. Instead they will be replaced by fixed increases. See Ofcom proposes ban on inflation-linked mid-contract price rises  :

To tackle this problem, we propose to introduce a new rule requiring that any price written into a customer’s contract would need to be set out in pounds and pence, prominently and transparently, at the point of sale. That includes being clear about when any changes to prices will occur.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX   While this is good news it’s still only a proposal and it doesn’t mean it’ll include current contracts.  Ie contracts taken out before this actually comes in to effect even if it does.