Data Plan

Chip61
Visitor

Hi

Can anyone tell me if I can change my Data Allowance.  I was talked into increasing my allowance  by one of the assistants in my local ee shop, when she promised it wouldn’t cost me anymore per month, in fact it was a ‘special offer’ which would work out cheaper!!! …..I now have more data than I will ever need per month and my bill has gone sky high!!!

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chip61 : You can't downsize your plan mid-term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chip61  If this as a new contract/ upgrade you can not lower it to a cheaper tariff it’s a contract that you agreed too.   If you only increased your allowance and it wasn’t an upgrade then yes you can lower it back to the original contract allowance but only after a set period of time.